Follow Along As Maggie Grows

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggiekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hope this doesn't destroy anything here, however our little Maggie MAY not be a female at all. First appointment the dr. Checked gender at 6 weeks old and said looks female, but he stated some males just don't look male until they are older. I've noticed "her" stuff looking much more male like than they had been prior. Could be fur because she is fluffing out on me more or she could be a male. If this is the case a name change is in order and we will love the little one as we always have. ;)

May 6th we will have confirmation of any change or ideas as to gender. Lol! And second set of vaccines.. we're pretty sure late bloomer. Will post more after the appointment.
20170430_103956.jpg
20170430_103955(0).jpg

maggiekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Check out this link to sex her. If she has an anus & a slit fairly close together, she's female.

Yep! I looked at a few links when I first found her, which was very female looking. Close together. Vet said female... however he did say could be late developer so we are sticking with female until we get her in Saturday for second round of vaccines and a gender check again since I'm on the fence about it.
Thanks though.

maggiekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just some random fuzziness from today.
20170504_142016-1.jpg
Kitten flop.
20170504_143203.jpg
she had an interest in my plant mister bottle lol!
20170504_142330.jpg
static fuzz.
20170504_141828.jpg
Hard work being a kitten. She doesn't usually sleep on the table, but, she did yesterday while I was sitting there. Lol
20170503_190042.jpg

Attachments

maggiekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Today was Maggie's second appointment and all went well!!
First vist: 1.86lbs
Second visit: 2 lbs 14oz

The staff absolutely LOVE her and call her a little diva. She is so good for them. No meowing, no scratching, biting or hissing. The calmest as can be for a new place and new people. Today she got her FeLV vaccine, FVRCP vaccine, round of Nemex again and will be going back in 5-27 for FeLV, FVRCP, Rabies and another dose of Nemex
We are waiting until 6 months to do her spay (choice) and will be getting her microchip implant day of surgery. We don't want to over load her with bad experience and the chip needle is HUGE. It is best to do it while she is under to keep her visits halfway decent.

Here she is at her visit. :)
IMG_20170506_153040_305.jpg
IMG_20170506_153146_995.jpg

OH! And Maggie is VERY much a Maggie. In fact, it was a lot easier to tell this visit than last. The "jewels" I seen is just her fuzz as there was nothing there. No name change, thankfully!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Aww... Maggie is such a good girl, even at the vet!

maggiekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aww... Maggie is such a good girl, even at the vet!
She is very good. Even at home she isn't overly wicked. She is just a "go with the flow" type of cat I guess.
Little one is sleeping right now and I'm keeping an eye on her for any reactions she may have. My dog has severe reactions to vaccines so I get a bit stressed with Maggie. Still as they administered two new vaccines.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
She's adorable! Just a word about waiting for her to be six month old to be spayed - the general recommendation today is to spay at 4-5 months old. There's actually a campaign going on with the slogan "Fix Felines by Five". The general idea is to get females spayed before their first heat cycle as this is reduces the risk for some types of cancer in the future. At six months, she may already be getting into heat. You can read more about that here-
When To Spay Or Neuter A Cat?

Thanks for sharing her pictures with us - she really is gorgeous! :lovecat:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
What a great idea for a thread!

So, Maggie is definitely a she then?

It's interesting to see how much darker she is now than she was in the first pictures. I have a chocolate pointed cat who was almost white when she was little, but she's really dark brown now.

Looking forward to more pictures.

punkysmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What a lucky, plucky, precious little puss is Miss Maggie. She is absolutely adorable.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh bless ! Such lovely post ! Just can never believe when people post on here how they have 'found kittens' I just don't get that people can do that! Yes we have gracie spayed at 4 months . The vet told us she could get pregnant at 3 months and in didn't want her to go into heat (for her and our sake). I believe the recovery quicker as she was fine part from not liking cone and no change to personality

KatKnapper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We decided today we would try doing a DIY small cat tree for Maggie since we (I) adore her with a passion and well... we didn't like what we seen at petsmart when we were there earlier getting more things (we were goin to buy two tall trees, but they weren't safe in our opinion)
The only thing we paid for was the twine. Wood scrap was in the garage, carpet remnants from when we had the old carpet ripped out and replaced when we bought our house.

My man helping with the carpet and staples since my hand still can't handle the pressure of the stapler gun just yet.
View attachment 178368:)
I shouldn't be here on this site, on this forum, (as I got tons of man work to do...plumbing, lawn care stuff) but I am just totally ecstatic and just love what you and hubby have done here with the pics and all. Your little Maggie is 5 Star gorgeous! As she grows from the pictures, I can see unique details of her just coming to life and blossoming, like her beautiful eyes, the grayish highlights in her face and coat, and the fluff on her backside and hind legs. She may turn out to be a real fluff ball of joy and laughs. Fluffball as in a medium to long hair coat.

Please keep it coming. Tell hubby to prep for pictures by sporting something like Ninja Turtle or Disney Toon PJs. :lolup::hyper::flail:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Huge props to you for rescuing, feeding and caring for, and adopting Maggie! She is so adorable and your pictures clearly show how much she is loved. I especially love the one with the "glow" on it -- yes, it could be a painting! Maggie reminds me so much of my beloved angel Sishya, who was one of many community cats in a former neighborhood and whom I rescued. She was tiny, sickly, and white, which made her stand out very much in her environment; and I knew she needed help, so I went out one morning, scooped her up, and brought her in. She had a very good and loved life in our multi-cat family, enjoying 3 different homes with us before going to the Bridge to wait for those of us still here below. I look forward to reading about, and seeing, Maggie! Here is our beloved Sishya angel, with Nicolas T. Cat angel looking on.
IMG_1341.JPG

maggiekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's adorable! Just a word about waiting for her to be six month old to be spayed - the general recommendation today is to spay at 4-5 months old. There's actually a campaign going on with the slogan "Fix Felines by Five". The general idea is to get females spayed before their first heat cycle as this is reduces the risk for some types of cancer in the future. At six months, she may already be getting into heat. You can read more about that here-
When To Spay Or Neuter A Cat?

Thanks for sharing her pictures with us - she really is gorgeous! :lovecat:
There are a lot of here and there's when it comes to what is optimal for an animal. Is early spay/neuter healthier? Is it healthier to leave them to develop more physically then spay and neuter and stunt them despite sexual maturity? There are a lot of back and fourths, pros and cons on both sides of the fence therefore it is all personal preference in the end and what best suits the owners. I am with VCA animal hospital I REALLY like the Dr. and what he does for his patience. I asked about spaying a kitten at 2lbs and it was highly frowned upon by him. I am all for spaying early IF it is a rescue going out for adoption in an organization. Maggie is in a permanent home so there is no rush to fix her. Her vet stated he would do it at 5 at the earliest and 6 months preferred for development reasons. He also talked us out of over loading Maggie her last visit with tests and unneeded vaccinations (which I will get to here in my next post on her thread) her chip and tests are going to happen when she is out and in surgery, keeping her stress low and keeping visits pleasant will avoid her being petrified of going in, as you can see from her photos at the vets she her eyes were nervous but she quickly calmed down and wasn't a demon for everyone to handle. We want positive associations with EVERYTHING and want what we feel is best for her. I do hope you, aswell as all the wonderful people here respect that.

What a great idea for a thread!

So, Maggie is definitely a she then?

It's interesting to see how much darker she is now than she was in the first pictures. I have a chocolate pointed cat who was almost white when she was little, but she's really dark brown now.

Looking forward to more pictures.
That is a definite YES on the female aspect. I was worried that perhaps I jumped the gun on her gender and goofed up. Lol!

What a lucky, plucky, precious little puss is Miss Maggie. She is absolutely adorable.
She's my sweet little love bug. She's pawesome!

I love that photo of her sleeping on the table!
She always has to be right beside me. In all fairness, she was helping me put together Zoe's geriatric downsized cage for 4 hours that day so she crashed out pretty hard. (Zoe is my 12 year old chinchilla)

Oh bless ! Such lovely post ! Just can never believe when people post on here how they have 'found kittens' I just don't get that people can do that! Yes we have gracie spayed at 4 months . The vet told us she could get pregnant at 3 months and in didn't want her to go into heat (for her and our sake). I believe the recovery quicker as she was fine part from not liking cone and no change to personality
Don't understand it either and sadly even though we have a mandatory spay and neuter law here the explosion of kittens is disgusting! Yeah, we all have or preferences. For me, I am OK with the time frame in which my man, vet and I came up with and why.
Did you find that it was difficult to keep her calm while she had stitches in and would an inflatable donut work just as well as an e collar? Maggie is crazy fire and loves to just go hard for hours with me before crashing out. What about litter? Would we be okay with the Tidy cat light weight? That's all she has ever used! She hates those pellet pines or larger granule litters. Did she get sick at all after? Sorry. I am trying to prepare a head of time.

I shouldn't be here on this site, on this forum, (as I got tons of man work to do...plumbing, lawn care stuff) but I am just totally ecstatic and just love what you and hubby have done here with the pics and all. Your little Maggie is 5 Star gorgeous! As she grows from the pictures, I can see unique details of her just coming to life and blossoming, like her beautiful eyes, the grayish highlights in her face and coat, and the fluff on her backside and hind legs. She may turn out to be a real fluff ball of joy and laughs. Fluffball as in a medium to long hair coat.

Please keep it coming. Tell hubby to prep for pictures by sporting something like Ninja Turtle or Disney Toon PJs. :lolup::hyper::flail:
Thanks you! I was told she was actually short haired on here when she was smaller. She has cute little tufts of white fur coming from between her sweet little kitty pads so I figured medium, not long haired.. then again I am on the fence about it and think short haired also.
LOL!!
I'll be sure to make him wear a onesie next time he appears in a photo that is cat related. XD

Huge props to you for rescuing, feeding and caring for, and adopting Maggie! She is so adorable and your pictures clearly show how much she is loved. I especially love the one with the "glow" on it -- yes, it could be a painting! Maggie reminds me so much of my beloved angel Sishya, who was one of many community cats in a former neighborhood and whom I rescued. She was tiny, sickly, and white, which made her stand out very much in her environment; and I knew she needed help, so I went out one morning, scooped her up, and brought her in. She had a very good and loved life in our multi-cat family, enjoying 3 different homes with us before going to the Bridge to wait for those of us still here below. I look forward to reading about, and seeing, Maggie! Here is our beloved Sishya angel, with Nicolas T. Cat angel looking on.View attachment 179701
Thank you for your kind words. It was extremly time consuming and sleep deprived in the begining, but the ball started rolling and everything went into place.
I couldn't imagine my life without her in it now and can't imagine why someone would dump her! Maggie truly gained a forever home and a bestfriend! I never thought I could lobe another cat since Puff passed away. I guess I was wrong!
Your girl is lovely and I am deeply sorry for your loss, I'd love to see more photos of her if you have any. :)

maggiekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I also want to apologies if I sounded rude or snippy I was up all night with Maggie yesterday due to her puking, being lethargic and running a low grade fever. She is at low risk of contracting FeLV so I left a colorful voicemail to the substitute Dr. we seen and stated we will ONLY book with Dr. Lindaman (her actual dr.) From now on. She will NOT be getting anymore non core vaccines like FeLV shots nor will I allow them to try to push it on us, not after we nearly had to rush my cat into the Emergency Clinic! Luckily she was back to her old self by 4 am, ate, drank, played and has been fine since. I felt so horrid for that! So never again. She slept like that for a good few hours between getting sick. :(
20170507_031200.jpg

And A cute little Magpie snuggling with her Mom person right now. Back to causing chaos through the house lol! :D
20170507_182037.jpg