Foiled Plans

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have made a big mistake in using big gently used wadded up sheets of foil as cat toys. We don't use the greasy sheets, but the stuff we used to cover things like relish trays are easy to rinse, dry, crumble and toss and watch the show.
We made a big meat loaf. The meatloaf was ready to go, the foil off the food and left on the stove. I didn't even get out of the room, tray in hand, before our Instigator is up there checking it out, I shoo him away. (We discourage the cats on the counter tops but it doesn't always fly in the area of the food prep they have access too, and I'm not fooling myself into thinking they actually stay off of them when we're not around......)
In about 5 minutes, I shooed about 4 cats away from the cooling piece of foil so I could throw it out. Phone rang, back turned, I hear a distinctive crinkling noise as one cat paws it over the edge. Now cooled, Baby Girl does her best Hawk-like impression, swoops in for the kill, and runs off with it through the dog door and into her little catio.
Now, try to picture some guy with a phone in one hand, on his knees trying to reach through a dog door up to the shoulder, trying to convince the person on the phone nothing is wrong, and having two medium sized dogs climbing his back and licking his face and shoving toys in his ear, all because he taught the cats that foil is a toy and scented/flavored foil is a better toy. I got it away from her and threw it out, and took the trash out for a good measure :crazy:
Take home message, if you give your cats a ball of foil to play with, be prepared to have a bruised ego and be covered in dog spit.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol dang. It's such a cheap and easy way for them to have loads of fun! I'll risk it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I was expecting to read about how you wound up having to order out for pizza :lol:
There was a story about a roast once upon a time, they turned it into swiss cheese :lol: We hacked up the remnants and fed it to them later, but it wasn't as exciting that way.