Flying With A Show Kitten?

MsKatieB

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have received so much great advice here, thank you!
I have another newbie show Mom question. When flying to a show via airlines, how do you travel with your show cat?

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I fly with the cat in cabin. You have to have a carrier that will fit under the seat in front of you. Check the airline you're using for specific rules, cost, etc. I almost always fly Southwest because their pet fee is lower than other airlines and the first 2 checked bags are free. I have to check luggage because they count the cat carrier as your carryon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MsKatieB

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I fly with the cat in cabin. You have to have a carrier that will fit under the seat in front of you. Check the airline you're using for specific rules, cost, etc. I almost always fly Southwest because their pet fee is lower than other airlines and the first 2 checked bags are free. I have to check luggage because they count the cat carrier as your carryon.
Thank you! One person suggested balancing a Sturdi carrier ontop of a Tuttle pull carrier as the carry-ons. Not sure what I think of that idea?

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you! One person suggested balancing a Sturdi carrier ontop of a Tuttle pull carrier as the carry-ons. Not sure what I think of that idea?
One of my friends does that, but she always has the Sturdi tied down with bungee cords.