Flu symptoms back three weeks after antibiotics

Miisu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
TLDR: 9 year old female cat had the flu for some time, got antibiotics at the vet's, the flu went away. Three weeks after stopping the antibiotics, her flu seems to be back.

Hey again, I posted here ~ 1 month ago about my cats flu, the post is pretty strongly related so will link it here:Cat acting weird after starting antibiotics, should I worry?

After that post she was completely healed and fine, and I was so thankful. However, about a week ago her nose started getting stuffy again. She's eating and energetic, but gets mad at our younger cat very easily. She acts like she might have some kind of slime in her throat, swallowing loudly and licking her lips. Her other eye has also been leaking some clear fluid, mostly when we have been outside on a leash or when the window is open, so I think it might be some type of allergy: she had similar problems last spring.

I'm just kind of at a lost. It definitely seemed to be some kind of infection since the antibiotics helped, but why did it come back? Our other cats have been completely healthy all along, but could one of them carry some disease without any symptoms? I don't think it's astma or just allergy because the antibiotics clearly helped.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Should we take her to the vet alone or try to get our other two cats there as well, if one of them is carrying it? I'm at a loss.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might try building up her immune system so she won't so easily get infected. I give my cats DMG I get at Walmart online every day in a lickable treat and it has helped tremendously. (they have leukemia and an almost nonexistent immune system.) I also keep on hand an inexpensive product called 'Nose Relief' I got on Amazon. In the reviews, it didn't work for everyone but it worked for mine when they got runny eyes and cold symptoms. It doesn't hurt to try!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Miisu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You might try building up her immune system so she won't so easily get infected. I give my cats DMG I get at Walmart online every day in a lickable treat and it has helped tremendously. (they have leukemia and an almost nonexistent immune system.) I also keep on hand an inexpensive product called 'Nose Relief' I got on Amazon. In the reviews, it didn't work for everyone but it worked for mine when they got runny eyes and cold symptoms. It doesn't hurt to try!
I live in Finland so those products are not that available to me, shipping costs are insane. Do you have any idea what would be a good search term for similar products? Thank you for your response by the way, I appreciate it!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would search for 'supplements to build up feline immune health' and 'relief for feline upper respiratory infection'. They may have it in pet stores too. DMG was the best I could find and should be universal.