Florida residents... Any one know of a GSD rescue group?

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Heather,

I just saw this thread and this is about 1/2 hour from me. I've been trying to call and frantically trying to contact someone! But, no one answers the dang phone...I'll keep ya posted....

Love &,

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh please!!!! Someone!!!! Do not let these dogs be put to sleep!!! They saved the family from dying!!! Is this what they are to get from it??? I would take them if I lived closer....oh Catarina....please keep trying to get ahold of someone before the dogs are killed!!!!!!! I have a German Shepherd, and they are such wonderful animals, this is really upsetting me, this dog saved the lives of the owners, and i can see why the owners can't take them back just yet...till they get back on their feet, and have a place for them...but how dare the humane Society put them to sleep, after what they have done??????????????

Can't they keep them just a little while longer??????????
Catarina....PLEASE let me know what you find out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

havel1hv

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've emailed everyone in the area that I can - but haven't heard anything back. I can't find the Humane (what a name for a place that puts animals down - often not nicely (1 "Humane" Society drowns their animals!)) Societies phone number =( I'll keep looking though. I do dog rescue but with it being in Florida I have no way to get them up here to Michigan.

Catarina77777 thank you for calling!

Heather V. Havel

lotsocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I read in the paper yesterday that the dogs were rescued by an elderly lady who will keep them until the family can take them back.

Yippee!

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes! I did get an email, but it was Saturday and I was told they were rescued. I had told this lady that I would take them, but she had told me prior that there was a line!!!
Thank God!
Sorry, for not posting, but thank God everything's okay!
Love &,

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
lotsocats and Catarina....thank you both for letting me know these dogs will not be put to sleep....I was worrying!