Flora is finally getting spayed

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I adopted Flora almost two months ago and I've been on the waitlist to get her spayed with the humane society since then because they are backed up due to COVID. I finally got an email today that she's scheduled to get spayed this Friday. I'm nervous about her having surgery, but I've also been nervous about her going into heat and escaping the house, so I'll get over it. I haven't had a kitten in years, so I don't really remember how the healing process goes. Has anyone experienced issues with their other cats licking the kitten's incision or causing issues?

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I adopted Flora almost two months ago and I've been on the waitlist to get her spayed with the humane society since then because they are backed up due to COVID. I finally got an email today that she's scheduled to get spayed this Friday. I'm nervous about her having surgery, but I've also been nervous about her going into heat and escaping the house, so I'll get over it. I haven't had a kitten in years, so I don't really remember how the healing process goes. Has anyone experienced issues with their other cats licking the kitten's incision or causing issues?
Selene was spayed the day before I brought her home. I kept her separated from Charlie for a while, because I wasn't sure how he'd react to a new cat and I was afraid he might hurt her. After about a week, I let them meet and be together, but still kept a close eye on Selene. I hadn't expected her to be so active so soon. Luckily, nothing happened.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When we've had our kitties spayed, we put them in a large crate for the night when we bring them home. That allows them to come off the anesthesia without me having to worry about them hurting themselves. I can also monitor their food intake and potty habits. The next day, they are allowed to have free reign of the house. Kitties are pretty good at self-limiting themselves if they're in pain, so she'll probably sleep a lot the first day.