Fleas!!

ameezers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Long story short, my dog ended up with fleas (because I forgot to use the advantage that I purchased).

I have a nursing mom and 6 kittens and up until today (I have been flea combing everyone every day) they had been clean. I found one flea on one kitten. None on mom (which I am not sure how it is possible that she doesn't have any and none of the other kittens do either).

Initially I gave every animal in my household a dawn bath except mom and kittens, even though it was only my one dog that I saw the flea on.

I removed all bedding ect from my room and am currently washing it and sprayed my bed, curtains, the kitten pen ect with Zodiac plus flea and tick upholstery spray.

I have read that it isn't advisable to bath a nursing mom or kittens this young... so I am not sure what to do.

We aren't infested with fleas yet and I would like to keep it that way and I would like to keep my kittens from getting sick from being eaten by fleas.

Any advice on what to do would be greatly appreciated!

kittypa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your continued vigilance is worth more than anything I can suggest. You’re doing a good job, just keep it up.

I know at six weeks you can bathe the kittens in Dawn. I don’t know if sooner is advisable or not. It might be ok, maybe someone who knows will come along.