Fleas are Gone, But Cat Not Completely Normal

angelsmom1988

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitten Peaches is now a full grown cat. She recently moved with us to Florida. Formerly, an 100% indoor cat, she now has a wonderful screened catio so that she can enjoy Florida life to the fullest. Well, the inevitable happened before we knew it! She brought fleas into the house and they spread until I found tell-tale flea dirt. We took fast action and the fleas are now gone.

Peaches now avoids several places that she loved in her pre-flea life, for example, her cat tree. Everything that she used was treated along with everything else, including her cat tree, and there have been no signs of any fleas for quite awhile. However, Peaches will not climb her tree or even stay in the same room with the cat tree. It is as if Peaches associates this room with itching and discomfort and so Peaches won't risk having fleas again. Is this really what Peaches is thinking? Do we have to change the entire room and throw away the cat tree, so that she feels safe to spend time with us in our main living area again? I so badly want her to sit on my lap again.

Your advise is appreciated.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
It may be that she avoids the cat tree because it smells like the product it was treated with. You may want to try washing it with some low scent cleaning product. Once it has dried I would rub it all over with catnip and see if that makes it more acceptable to her.