Flea Treatments 2 Indoor Cats

zemari

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does anyone have any thoughts on flea treatments for 2 indoor kitties

Bonnie is approx 16 months and Clyde is 5 months

Before we got Clyde (2 months ago) we used Bob Martin Spot On treatment on Bonnie and she has had no reactions to it (the only pain is that I have to apply it whilst she is eating she doesn't like being picked up / held) - we did try tablets (crushed) but it was a bit hit and miss and we were never entirely sure that she had eaten it all (she was a very fussy eater when we first got her)

We applied a spot on combined flea/worm treatment on Clyde when we first got him - which again went well - but this was before they were fully integrated - so keeping them separated wasn't a problem

Its now time to do them again - and the package recommends keeping them apart for 48 hours (this is the Bob Martin spot on treatment)

We wont have any doors / walls left if I try and keep them apart for that length of time !!! 

If they are apart for more than 10 minutes they both start crying and getting to each other !

The don't groom each other a lot = but it does happen

Does anyone know if the 48 hours is a must - or should we go back to trying crushed tablets (and just feed them separately for one meal)

They are both indoor cats but Bonnie does occasionally come outside with me when I am hanging the washing out and she has been known to catch mice (well she finds them and plays with them and then looks totally lost when they run off !!)

Any idea's would be welcome :)

View media item 236334

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Would highly recommend AGAINST using Bob's Spot On for cats.  Check with your vet. There are much better and safer products available.  Do not risk your cats' lives even though they were lucky the first time. Search the internet for other peoples stories too.

http://www.petforums.co.uk/dog-health-and-nutrition/67196-vets-opinion-needed-bob-martins-spot.html

http://www.ebay.com/gds/BOB-MARTIN-SPOT-ON-TREATMENT-POTENTIALLY-LETHAL-/10000000012753764/g.html

Get a decent product from your veterinarian or pharmacist, such as Advantage or Frontline.  They are available online, including from Amazon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zemari

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow thanks for that - its going straight in the bin !!

Went to the vet this morning on an unrelated matter and picked up some Broadline - again its a spot on but the vet said that it is safe after an hour of application which means less stress and if it's recommended by the vet then should be OK

Will never use Bob Martin's stuff again