Flea Treatment For Senior Cat

catluvrr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have an older cat in poor health. I'm looking for a flea treatment that won't be too stressful on her. I'm hesitant about using meds or collars and I don't really want to wash her with dish soap. Any other alternatives? I'm doing lots of vacuuming and cleaning to help solve the problem.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't know where you are located, but so far all I am willing to use Advantage II on Feeby (17+ yo). She has no adverse reactions to it. But, here in FL, it is only barely keeping the fleas at bay. I vacuum, and also use Adams Home Spray, as well as Precor 2000 spray, for both inside areas as well as in the surrounding yard, as she does spend time on our screened in patio. We are not defeating them with this regimen, just keeping - as I said - at bay.

I am thinking about Frontline Plus as a possible alternative, it has been around in the US for about 20 years and seems to have pretty good reviews.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catluvrr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know where you are located, but so far all I am willing to use Advantage II on Feeby (17+ yo). She has no adverse reactions to it. But, here in FL, it is only barely keeping the fleas at bay. I vacuum, and also use Adams Home Spray, as well as Precor 2000 spray, for both inside areas as well as in the surrounding yard, as she does spend time on our screened in patio. We are not defeating them with this regimen, just keeping - as I said - at bay.

I am thinking about Frontline Plus as a possible alternative, it has been around in the US for about 20 years and seems to have pretty good reviews.
Advantage has terrible reviews on Amazon.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Along with the suggestions above, you could take a look at Only Natural Pet - I have a 16.5 year old, and although this product needs repeated application I like their Easy Defense flea and tick spray. (I spray some onto a paper towel and touch that to the fur on the back of his neck).