Flea treatment for feral kittens?

PetraGrey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi
I have managed to catch 3 feral kittens. I had hoped to take them to a shelter, but the shelters are full. So, I am planning on bringing the kittens and their mom inside until I can TNR them. Is there any way to get rid of the fleas before bringing them in?
I don't know how safe those flea shampoos are, and I think a bath would be detrimental to socializing them anyway. I am taking them to the vet Friday and will get revolution then, but I would love to bring them in the house sooner than that. I just don't want a million fleas as well!
If anyone has ideas I would appreciate it.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As for bathing kittens, please tap on this link. How To Bathe Small Kittens The Safe Way – TheCatSite Articles

There is something my vet suggested I use BUT before using, please call and check with your vet! It is a pill called Capstar. A kitten will not need a whole pill. Your vet can direct you. It only kills fleas for 24 hours but it can be a great help. If the kittens are covered in fleas, it is very important to get rid of them. A flea comb can help. Comb kittens over a warm white towel and fleas can easily be seen. Please do read the link I sent before attempting bathing. If you must bathe them, my vet has me use regular dawn dish liquid. The original stuff, not the newer or special scented versions.