Flea Treatment Behavior

Cquinn1021

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I treated my cat for fleas using frontline yesterday, he's nvr had a problem before. He wasn't real happy when we put it on and now he won't let us pet, hold, get near him. Could he be mad at us?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Cats only react like that if they've been hurt. The frontline may be causing a reaction. Can you call your vet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cquinn1021

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ever since the flea treatment he has been mean and nasty. Hisses at us even if we just walk by. Holding anymore, don't even think of it. Could this be associated to the flea treatment?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am alarmed that it has been all week and he is still acting this way. Can you see if there is a burn on the site you applied the medication? Did the medication come from the vet? If this is still going on I would get the cat to the vet.... you could call your vet and see what they have to say. You might need a humane trap to get him in. That is a very odd reaction to be going on this long.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cquinn1021

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He is mostly an inside cat. Goes out sometimes during the day, usually just when it's warm. 20181005_030958.jpg This is how lit one and him are. But this morning when she tried to boop him, he hissed at her. I tried to look to see if the skin was red and he hissed at that. But, I didn't see anything different about his skin. The frontline was from our vet and the other two got it and didn't bat an eye.