Flea Problem - Cat Stressed

CatDaze

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey, I don’t know if this is the right forum for this but here’s what’s happening.

My cat seems to have gotten fleas, which he has never had, and he was at the end of last months flea medicine.

He most likely got this because I work at an animal rescue.

I started him on this months medication yesterday and i’ve Seen some of the fleas coming to the top coat.

He’s still not sleeping well and running crazy.

I just want to know is there anything else I can do before giving him a bath tomorrow (48hrs after topical treatment) because he’s so stressed and I hate seeing him like this.

Also I am getting a flea comb today along with a few other items to clean the apartment and get rid of fleas and eggs that may have fallen.

Also if you have any side ideas to help me not transfer fleas so easily.

Whenever I get how I take my shoes off at the front door and walk to the laundry room and strip and put my Dirty clothes in the washer. I also have hand sanitizer by the door for when I first walk in and immediately was my hands after finishing taking off my work clothes.
(I’m very paranoid about spreading FelineLeuk or anything else.)

Main Concern: Advice on how to immediately help him. He’s stressed and tired. It’s awful seeing him like this.

Thanks for any help.

**Has not been edit so grammar and spelling mistakes possible**

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Here’s a helpful article: Cat Fleas

Basically, getting him on flea treatment and cleaning your home are the most important steps to take.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatDaze

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah he got his monthly round yesterday and I’ve been cleaning today.
Hoping the medicine kicks in quick.