Flea Control

tx_kat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Of the three "major brands" (Advantage, Frontline, Revolution), which topical flea controller do you like best?  Why?

kittylover23

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've tried all three on my kitty, Lucky. I found Revolution to be the best, with Frontline coming in second and Advantage in third. All three are very good products, though I do reccomend Revolution. ;)

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Advantage.  Easy to break down, effective for my needs of just flea control.

Revolution is great if you need the extra control but mainstream its rx only but there is a generic in other countrys.

Frontline works to extent but I get much better flea control with advantage IMO  though many people say different areas it works better.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use Frontline Plus but only on the cats IF the dogs have brought in a flea. The dogs are protected with Frontline and I have always used that product. I do have Advantage on hand as well. Since I have six cats, I like the Frontline because I can buy the large dog size (same product as the cat) and I use a needle/syringe to draw up the exact dosage for a cat .50ml. then take the needle off of course :lol3: and use the syringe to plunge the product on the back of the cats head. I use Frontline for indoor only cats.

For outdoor cats - I prefer Revolution. Fleas/ticks/mites/mange/worms - all in one.