Flea Bombing?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Borax has to be cleaned up afterwards where DE can sit for days. I am not sure how long but borax is not as non toxic as food grade DE. Then again you have to vacuum often so it probably doesn't matter.
We never had any problems with FleaBusters. It was not messy at all, and it is nontoxic to cats and people.

Gr8fulcatlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Interesting!

I used pool grade (I still have a lot of it left) and it did the job very nicely.
Pool Grade is unsafe for ingestion for cats, that is why it is important to only use food grade DE. Please don’t use pool grade DE, your kitties may eat it.
It's not usually too humid here, and I've since mostly gotten rid of the rug.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jazhole1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well I had an issue like this a few years ago, but I live in a house. I was able to get rid of the fleas by making sure all my cats were up to date on flea medications, and also I used a peppermint oil spray that's made for getting rid of fleas. It's totally safe for cats and dogs, and it worked for me. Flea bombs can be dangerous if you aren't careful, so I would contact someone who knows a lot about them for more info before you accidentally release it on your neighbors haha!

I just saw all of these notifications! I ended up using a spray and using diatomaceous earth food grade all over the carpet.

Got a capstar for my cats and upgraded my flea treatment. So far so good :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jazhole1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I used diatomaceous earth food grade! Got them a capstar and upgraded their flea treatment. Working so far! I still see a flea here and there but they are not scratching and are ok :)