Flaxseed For Cats

4horses

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Has anyone added flaxseed to their cats diet? My girl has breast cancer and studies in people have shown flaxseed can slow cancer growth. I believe IAMs adds flaxseed to some of their foods. Just wondering if it is something my cat will tolerate?

If we are lucky, my girl has one year left to live.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Bless your heart! I haven't, but wanted to also mention that you could talk with your vet about CBD oil.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’d have to search for it but flaxseed is useless in a cat’s diet. The omega’s come in a form which they lack the mechanism to convert to a useful form. You’re better off with a fish oil and your cats will prefer it anyway.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you’re looking for an alternative therapy or a complimentary therapy, some people have had success treating cancer or slowing it with products from Vitality Science. They have great customer service. If you email or call them, they will help you with product selection.

I have used Vitality Science GI products to help my Krista through her IBD.

Vitality Science | Natural Remedies For Dogs And Cats

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat that had ibd/pancreatitis/liver inflammation took the missing link in her food. It includes flaxseed. She did ok on it. Did not have diarrhea. Only online