FIV+ Cat needs home, mid thumb area Michigan

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my recent neighborhood rescues (another young intact male, so probably dumped after starting to mark in the house) tested positive for FIV when I took him in to be neutered and so far all efforts to find him a home or shelter placement have gotten nothing. I can't keep him myself or I would, I have 2 territorial Cats and 2 with overstimulation and redirected aggression issues so I can't let him roam my house like I would at least try to do otherwise. I'm starting to worry that I may need to have him euthanized so I can have my foster room available for actual fostering since I can't do that with an FIV+ Cat in it, not to mention what am I going to do with him in there when I rescue the next Cat that someone decides to dump off here?

There are several shelters in the area that deal with FIV/FeLV+ Cats but all of them are full with waiting lists. The other shelters I know of that may possibly have been able to take him are understaffed because of so many older volunteers not coming in due to covid so they aren't able to deal with that kind of special needs Cat.

I'm not on FB or twitter or anything like that so posting about him there isn't an option for me. Any help anyone here could offer would be appreciated.

He's very friendly, he will happily take all the attention anyone wants to give him and he would be a perfect lap Cat for someone. He also loves to play and so far I have not been able to tire him out so he would also be a lot of fun for kids. He really likes hands for some reason, when I pet him he will twist and turn and try to get at my hand to lick it.
20210404_164005.jpg

Yes, some of the white dots on the tower are tapeworm segments. He's had his second dose of dewormer so that problem should be solved.
20210404_164107.jpg

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe tell his story on Facebook too? Or get on one of those morning buy and sale programs and plead for someone who has the time to care for him. Maybe an older couple? I'll pray you find someone for him......

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have shared this on both my Facebook and Twitter accounts, with a note to contact me, and I'll get them in touch with you. Both of my accounts are CRAWLING with cat lovers, so we'll cross our fingers someone in your area spots the posts!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have shared this on both my Facebook and Twitter accounts, with a note to contact me, and I'll get them in touch with you. Both of my accounts are CRAWLING with cat lovers, so we'll cross our fingers someone in your area spots the posts!
Thanks. I was actually starting to give up hope for him, especially since this happened today. I had to put him in the training crate I have in there and he isn't happy at all since he had the whole room to himself until that point.