FIV+ Cat Bleeding From Her Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It really thought it might be time to let Happy go today.

She hadn't eaten on her own for more than five days. I've been syringe feeding her soft food and water, but it's hard to get enough food into her and she was getting weaker and weaker. The tumor had grown much bigger and must have been making it difficult for her to swallow. I don't think she was in any pain. The injection the vet gave her seems to have kept her comfortable and she spent most of the last few days sleeping with all of her snuggle buddies.

However, it seemed that she was going down hill fast and we thought we'd rather let her go before she suffered any more.

But our vet managed to work a miracle on her with Sub-Q fluids. He says she has lots of other little tumors in her chest and back, so there is no point doing any more surgery. They'd never be able to get them all. She isn't in any pain though, and he didn't think she was ready to go yet. He showed us how to give her Sub-Q fluids, so even if I can't get her to eat she'll still be getting enough liquid and nutrition to keep her going.

Happy128_R.jpg

So, hopefully we have a while longer with our little girl. :crossfingers: Thank you everyone for your love and support. I really appreciate all the kind things you've said about Happy.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
May God grant her more time on this earth with those she loves and give her peace and comfort towards her end. You never know, miracles can still happen, and she sounds like she is happy and content! Thank you for loving her so much......

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I was worried when I started to read the beginning of your post but it sounds like you have a very honest and compassionate vet who is willing to give Happy a chance to be with her family, (human and fur), for a little longer. :catlove: I'm glad to hear the Sub-Q fluids are helping and making her more comfortable. :hugs:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
May God grant her more time on this earth with those she loves and give her peace and comfort towards her end. You never know, miracles can still happen, and she sounds like she is happy and content! Thank you for loving her so much......
Yes. Her name suits her perfectly. She still wants to stay with her beloved family. It's obvious how loved she is.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
she sounds like she is happy and content!
That's what we are focusing on now. As long as she isn't suffering we want to keep her for as long as we can. The other cats seem to know what's going on. They're all being very gentle with her, sleeping next to her and grooming her
I was worried when I started to read the beginning of your post
I'd given myself a few days to get used to the idea and thought I was going to be OK with it, but as soon as we got to the vet I just fell to pieces. I'm really not ready to let her go yet.
it sounds like you have a very honest and compassionate vet
He is, he's wonderful. He's helped me so much over the past 10 years. When I think about how kind he and his wife were to us it makes me start crying again.
It's obvious how loved she is.
Thank you. She's a special girl. We're very grateful for every moment we have with her.

We're doing OK with the Sub Q fluids. Happy is walking around a little and still goes out to pee by herself. It's really sweet to see her still trying to claw her favourite scratching post every time she walks past it.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Happy passed away peaceful this morning.

She'd been fairly active over the past week and had even started drinking water by herself, so I was starting to hope she might be recovering. On Monday afternoon she quickly started to go downhill and became very lethargic. We took her to the vet the next morning, but they said there was nothing more that could be done.

She had some good pain medication so she was as comfortable as possible. She was sleeping in her bed in front of the heater with her two best friends, Sophie and Little Boy, on each side of her. I think that was how she would have wanted to go.

I'll lock this thread now and start a Crossing The Bridge thread in a day or two. Thank you to everyone who posted here.

:grouphug2:

Rest In Peace Happy, I'm going to miss my little girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.