Fish Mox Dosage For Feral

Holliman Jane

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,
I have an elderly neighbor who feeds a feral cat. He constantly stays in her backyard and will only let her close to him. She has told me he has a really bad looking crust and blood inside of his ear. About a year ago I was able to trap him for her and take him to a vet. She decided not to let them test it and to just have them clean it and give antibiotics. I told her to make him and indoor cat because he would be a lot better off! Of course she let him right back out and his ear is back to looking awful according to her:( I begged her to let me trap him again and she says "no I'll just let nature take its course." She is so concenered about the money. It's makes me so mad because she will spend hundreds of dollars on herself but not the poor cat. I told her I would take care of it but she refuses to let me get him. I am so beyond frustrated and reached out to someone I know who works in the vet field and she told me to give him fish mox with some baby food but she didn't tell me how much! He looks about 10 pounds or so. I'm hoping to give the fish mox a shot a see if it helps. They are 250 mg per capsule. Thanks everyone.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont understand some people either. I know someone who is the same way, and i get angry as well. I have not been able to persuade her to do the right thing either.

Hopefully you can help him out, and im glad you are trying! We need more kind, and caring people in this world. Keeping him in my thoughts and prayers, do keep us updated.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Hello and welcome to the site! :wave3:

I'm really sorry you are dealing with this. I truly don't understand some people either.

Unfortunately it's against the rules to provide medical advice, including dosing information. Can you call your friend back and get the info from her?

I hope you can help him out. :crossfingers:

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So I’ll probably get chastised by somebody for this but if all she does is feed him and “let nature take it’s course” why can’t you help nature out some night and engage in some “secret squirrel “ stuff. I’m just thinking of the cat at this point. He has to be in pain from what you describe?
If not, thanks for being the little guys advocate. If I were there I’d drive the getaway vehicle for you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Holliman Jane

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you! It's just hard because he hangs out in her backyard constantly. I wish hed come to my house! I'm going to keep trying.
So I’ll probably get chastised by somebody for this but if all she does is feed him and “let nature take it’s course” why can’t you help nature out some night and engage in some “secret squirrel “ stuff. I’m just thinking of the cat at this point. He has to be in pain from what you describe?
If not, thanks for being the little guys advocate. If I were there I’d drive the getaway vehicle for you!
ank

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Holliman Jane

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I got the fish mox in the mail today so hopefully it will help! I will keep everyone updated. Thank you for the nice comments!
I dont understand some people either. I know someone who is the same way, and i get angry as well. I have not been able to persuade her to do the right thing either.

Hopefully you can help him out, and im glad you are trying! We need more kind, and caring people in this world. Keeping him in my thoughts and prayers, do keep us updated.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
This is an older thread and the OP was last around about a year ago. Feel free to post a new question if you do not get answers here. I have known dog rescuers who used it, but never have myself and don't know dosage.