Fish Loving Cats

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
just thought i would share this, in case someone else can benefit.

I have a male cat that for a year all he has wanted in wet food is Earthborn catalina catch, or monterey medley. I know he was eating too much fish, but no matter what other foods i would give he would not eat them. toppers, letting him get hungry, nothing worked.

American journey came out with their poultry and seafood variety pack, and the plain poultry pack. i ordered both, thought it was better with the seafood pack as poultry was the first ingredient, so not so much fish anyway. The other cats would hopefully eat the poultry flavors. He didnt like any of it much at first, but i kept putting the poultry and seafood flavors down, and then he started eating it as long as i crumbled up some freeze dried chicken treats on top. now a few weeks later he will eat the flavors in the poultry only pack, as long as i do the topper :) So yea, he will eat non fish food! I think having the same food, with fish, and without fish has worked. He will now eat the poultry flavors with no fish! First time ever!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That's great! American Journey is Chewy.com's house brand, if I'm not mistaken, for anyone wondering where to find it :wink:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
just thought i would share this, in case someone else can benefit.

I have a male cat that for a year all he has wanted in wet food is Earthborn catalina catch, or monterey medley. I know he was eating too much fish, but no matter what other foods i would give he would not eat them. toppers, letting him get hungry, nothing worked.

American journey came out with their poultry and seafood variety pack, and the plain poultry pack. i ordered both, thought it was better with the seafood pack as poultry was the first ingredient, so not so much fish anyway. The other cats would hopefully eat the poultry flavors. He didnt like any of it much at first, but i kept putting the poultry and seafood flavors down, and then he started eating it as long as i crumbled up some freeze dried chicken treats on top. now a few weeks later he will eat the flavors in the poultry only pack, as long as i do the topper :) So yea, he will eat non fish food! I think having the same food, with fish, and without fish has worked. He will now eat the poultry flavors with no fish! First time ever!
Great news!! And helpful, too, to anyone fighting this "seafood addiction" with their purr kids...!