Fish Free vs Fish Oils

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi all.

I'm having a weird conundrum. One of my kitties, when I give her anything with fish as one of the ingredients (salmon, whitefish, etc) we have rounds of super smelly, softer poo (but not diarrhea). I was doing some filtering for "fish free" on some shopping sites and some foods are coming up that still have different fish oils. One person at one store told me that "fish oils don't affect the cats the same way as the fish itself does."

What are the thoughts on that? I'm going to have to change one of my foods right now (previous food was discontinued, didn't realize that new food had fish hidden in it, never shop when you're half asleep).

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Fish oils are fine for most cats sensitive to fish, and are an important source of omega 3. If possible, I’d want a named fish (e.g salmon oil), but it’s not totally crucial 🙂

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I'm suspecting both kitties may be fish sensitive (one is newer than the other and I haven't quite figured out any sensitivities yet). The smell when they come out of the litter box after #2 could kill you.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I give my cakes salmon oil.2 of my 3 cats don't like it. But they do like other fish oil