First Visit Done!

kunoichi9280

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I took Itachi in for his first check and vaccine today (11 weeks), which I, for some reason, was SO nervous about. I was worried he'd cry the whole time he was in the carrier, that he'd freak out if there were dogs in the waiting room, and that they would find something wrong with him. But he only cried a little on the car trip, was great in the waiting room, didn't even notice the vaccine (the vet put a little spray cheese on the exam table). The only thing he really protested was staying still for the heart check and when she felt to see if both testicles had descended. :) We did the distemper/URI vaccine (can't remember the name of it- I've been up all night so I'm a little woozy), and they sent me home with dewormer. I also got a free income based voucher for his neuter. They're going to test for FIV/FeLV at the time of the neuter.
He's 3.6 lbs, and they said he'll be a medium haired cat. No evidence of fleas. They said he looks in great health and everything sounds great, which is what I hoped to hear. Now, to bed, I hope!

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You've done a huge thing with that first visit. Now you'll be more comfortable with the vet and the office and the office people. that will help you, which will help Itachi in the future.

It is a huge HUGE deal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kunoichi9280

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is it normal that he clearly isn't feeling the greatest? I haven't given him the dewormer yet. No loose stools, no vomiting, just lethargic and not that hungry.