First-time pregnancy of a 1yr and 2 month old

CatDanger

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay, so my cat has given birth to one kitten and she is now is now just laying down while her kitten sleeps and feeds. However it's been a few hours since she gave birth to it and there hasn't been anymore kittens. Her stomach was quite big in the pregnancy so I expected more kittens. Do you think she's just resting or there are no more kittens or do you think there is a problem?

P.S: She seems healthy and so does her kitten.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If there are more kittens, she will have them when the kittens and her body are ready. It sounds like for now all is well! :)

Do you plan to spay her after this litter?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatDanger

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay :) Yes, I plan to spay her after this litter as soon as possible, we asked for it to be done in July last year, but the vet wouldn't do it because of the pandemic.

PearlandBeau

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay :) Yes, I plan to spay her after this litter as soon as possible, we asked for it to be done in July last year, but the vet wouldn't do it because of the pandemic.
Did she have any more kittens?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatDanger

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No, she didn't :( However she seems brilliant and her and her kitten are healthy, she's so caring :D

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She could just have the one or it could be days before she has the others. the way to monitor is to observe her actions. If she is calm, taking care of the kitten and not pacing or hiding, everything is fine. Watch for a smelly discharge coming from form her birthing canal, that could indicate trouble and she would need to go in. As long as she is calm, everything is fine!