First time outside!

littlecatt

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Had to share pictures of my lovely and troublesome boy Finn! We recently had a crushing diagnosis that he has a fibrosarcoma after a rabies vaccination... we're currently awaiting amputation surgery but even then this tumor will likely come back as soon as a year or within a few years. Finn has always had an adventurous spirit and I knew he'd love to go outside, and with his diagnosis I said heck it, he deserves to get to experience the outdoors before he passes over the rainbow bridge.

Yesterday was his first day outside! He absolutely loved it, he adapted to the harness great and spent lots of time chewing grass and rolling around on the pavement. I'm working on noticing when he starts to get overstimulated and grouchy (he has pretty bad fear/stress aggression, as his vets know...) and whisking him back inside. Definitely not like walking a dog! But the first day was filled with so much lounging and purring, it made me so happy to see. :)

The last picture is him after he got back inside and we had an intense play session to work off those outdoor jitters, he's ready to go again!

Attachments

Last edited:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Finn! I want to hug you. Go and have lots of fun outdoors, sweetie!

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im sorry about the diagnosis.

Glad he had a great visit outside.

My guys love bring out, but I stay with them all the time due to the many dangers.