First Show: How Do You Bathe/groom Ragdolls?

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I could make a suggestion, your breeder would be the best to answer show grooming questions and would probably welcome them. After all you will be showing one of her cats so she would want it presented in the best possible way. Your boy is BEAUTIFUL! Will you be showing CFA or TICA? Which show? I just emailed the CFA breed council secretary for Ragdolls to try to get info for you on show grooming.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MsKatieB

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If I could make a suggestion, your breeder would be the best to answer show grooming questions and would probably welcome them. After all you will be showing one of her cats so she would want it presented in the best possible way. Your boy is BEAUTIFUL! Will you be showing CFA or TICA? Which show? I just emailed the CFA breed council secretary for Ragdolls to try to get info for you on show grooming.
Thank you, this information is very helpful!!

Last edited:

MsKatieB

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have received some very good advice from our breeder, although I can tell she's very busy. I'm not sure she understands that although we're not sure if we want to show in the future, I want to give my Ragdoll the very best shot at his best first impression. I don't want my inexperience to be his downfall. I don't want to let him down :(

MsKatieB

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He has gotten so big! He is absolutely gorgeous.

Words cannot express how glad I am with the whole outcome from your first posting to now. :dance::woohoo:

Please take some photos of him at his first show and share with us. :woo:
20170825_140350.jpg

He has gotten so big! He is absolutely gorgeous.

Words cannot express how glad I am with the whole outcome from your first posting to now. :dance::woohoo:

Please take some photos of him at his first show and share with us. :woo:
Thank you! Everyone is so helpful. He's all bathed and we're on our way to Pennsylvania. Nervous!

MsKatieB

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Please post during the day if you can. If not, post after to let us know how it went. I will be in Sturbridge, Ma at a show this weekend- to bad it wasn't the same show!
I hope to have time during the day. I bathed and blow dried him yesterday using alot of your advice. I'm can't find any info on grooming for tonight or tomorrow other than to use powder and a metal comb...

Last edited:

MsKatieB

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am sorry my sources haven't panned out for you. Just go lightly on the powder. You don't want a cloud when the judge puts him on the table (I have seen that happen!). Good luck!!
Oh! What you've shared has been most helpful! Thank you! It sounds like I'm supposed to just comb him tomorrow.

MsKatieB

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lexus did so well at the Keestone Cat Show in York, PA. We are so proud of him! He's only six months old, and he took a 5th and 10th place in the Longhair kitten category. Two best in breed for kittens, eight best in division for kittens, and six second best in division for kittens. We met so many nice people, and it was a cool experience. These were long days, but he never complained, and he never stopped purring. He's one tired little Ragdoll!
2017082795165947951503877681995.jpg
2017082695154915951503878173392.jpg
2017082795115908951503878060030.jpg

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Lexus did so well at the Keestone Cat Show in York, PA. We are so proud of him! He's only six months old, and he took a 5th and 10th place in the Longhair kitten category. Two best in breed for kittens, eight best in division for kittens, and six second best in division for kittens. We met so many nice people, and it was a cool experience. These were long days, but he never complained, and he never stopped purring. He's one tired little Ragdoll!View attachment 193718 View attachment 193719 View attachment 193720
Oh wow, he did terrific! Thanks for the update, I've been thinking of Lexus and his first show, so I'm so glad to hear the good news!

Have you picked out another show yet? :)

MsKatieB

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh wow, he did terrific! Thanks for the update, I've been thinking of Lexus and his first show, so I'm so glad to hear the good news!

Have you picked out another show yet? :)
Thank you...well, he is registered with TICA, but there is a CFA show in two weeks. If I can figure out how to get the temporary registration for the show, and also register him with CFA from TICA, then we may try that one. Otherwise the next one is at the end of September.