First Scary Movie

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The best scary movie thread made me think back to the first scary movie I ever owned. I still have it. It's an old VHS copy of Aliens that I got back in the 80s. I remember watching it alone at night in the dark basement. I traded my cousin a cap gun for it, which tells you how young we were. I remember my mom found out I watched it, asked me what I thought of it....well, I just LOVED scary things, even then, so I gushed about the movie, pretty much giving her a blow-by-blow of the plot. She said since I'd already seen it and obviously wasn't scared of it, I could watch Aliens as many times as I wanted, but I'd better ask her first the next time I wanted to watch an R rated movie or she wouldn't be so forgiving

I'm surprised that old tape isn't worn right through. I have the DVD set now, but I still keep it around for sentimental value.
So, what was the first scary movie you remember seeing/owning??

mercymanic

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Poltergeist

I was 6 tops. It didn't even scare me till the scene with that clown doll. But then I hated clowns of any kind for the rest of my life.

cazx01

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it was probably poltergeist, the first one.

But the first one i ever remember seein which totally reaked me out was nightmare on elm street! i eve remember havin i dream i was in the film and after that i didnt watch it again

tabaqui

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've seen so very many horror flicks I can't even remember which came first anymore. I doubt my dad would remember either. Haha.

gratefulbear629

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mercymanic

Poltergeist

I was 6 tops. It didn't even scare me till the scene with that clown doll. But then I hated clowns of any kind for the rest of my life.

I also saw that movie when I was very young and I have hated clowns ever since. The older lady always creeped me out as well. Although I thought it was great that she was the organ player at the wedding in Sixteen Candles.

zoe'n'misskitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mercymanic

Poltergeist

I think that was my frst scary movie, too. I was very young, but it didn't bother me that bad at all. I kind of liked it, actually.

"They're..HEEEErrrrrre...."

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poltergeist and Friday the 13th!
I remember watching it with my older brother and sisters. They tried so hard to scared me for days after that, going around behind be whispering "kill kill kill" Didn't work
Im a horror movie buff..
My kids obviously are too.. They LOVE horror movies and they dont scare them at all. I don't mind them watching them because they know they aren't real. Matter of fact, my 4yr old will tell you "dont be scared, it's fake"

He's more of a fan of them them my 8yr old. He loves "Child's Play" ... great mom arent I?

nosilla

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Poltergeist, but it's weird because it was my favorite movie as a little kid lol. I've always loved scary movies and grew up on them.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love Aliens!
I don't really remember much of Poltergeist. I saw bits and pieces of it when I was older. The clown was creepy. That's the scariest part for one of my sisters.

The first really scary movie I remember seeing is Kingdom Of The Spiders with William Shatner. I was about 6 or 7 and was on TV one lazy afternoon on a weekend at home. It was quite freaky to see at that age.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first was Pet Semetary, back when I was in first grade or something. Let me tell you, that freaked me out! Most scary movies nowadays don't bother me at all - its the gory ones that get me!

mercymanic

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

I love Aliens!
I don't really remember much of Poltergeist. I saw bits and pieces of it when I was older. The clown was creepy. That's the scariest part for one of my sisters.

The first really scary movie I remember seeing is Kingdom Of The Spiders with William Shatner. I was about 6 or 7 and was on TV one lazy afternoon on a weekend at home. It was quite freaky to see at that age.
Ooh ooh! I loved that movie!! Yhe scene with the little girl on the swing rocked!

mistys mum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The Exorcist is the first horror movie that I ever watched, I went to the drive - in movies, with my older brother and it scared us that much that when her head started spinning around we through the speaker out the window and went home. Still haven't watched it all the way through and I cant seem to watch any others as Iam just to scared, even with all the lights on and telling myself its not real.

mercymanic

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mistys mum

The Exorcist is the first horror movie that I ever watched, I went to the drive - in movies, with my older brother and it scared us that much that when her head started spinning around we through the speaker out the window and went home. Still haven't watched it all the way through and I cant seem to watch any others as Iam just to scared, even with all the lights on and telling myself its not real.
I think that The Exorcist is the scariest movie of all time. Voted for it in the other thread.

serenasmommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I remember being 8 or 9 and seeing Chucky (or whatever it's called!) at my cousin's. It wouldn't have been so bad if the playroom wasn't full of dolls, and they all seemed to stare at us!!!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't remember the first scary movie I owned, but the first one I WATCHED was Friday the 13th, way back in the 80's! I wasn't supposed to be watching it and my baby-sitter made me face the other way, but I could hear it, and what she didn't know was I was watching it in the reflection of the window! haha!