First Post

equicat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!

Just introducing myself. I have at the moment one cat (Baby - registered name Bobby lol) he is 7. A few years ago i fostered a tortie who just ended up staying i think she was about 15/16 and she recently passed away. Baby was fond of her in that he was always one step behind her and they always shared the same hay bale to sleep in and same bowl to eat and he has been more clingy lately so i do believe he is missing the company. He came with his brother as a kitten and they would bear hug to sleep but unfortunately his bother died at about 2yo.

I am getting two kittens on monday from a friend (excited!!) one is light ginger the other grey..both likely male. I have secured the area and told Baby he will be an uncle. Hes a pretty placid cat and despite being HUGE in size (not weight) won't fight off any other cats even stray toms so i am fairly sure he will accept them or at least tolerate them well if they are all introduced correctly and given time. The kittens will be secured in one area until they are vaccinated and neutered so Baby will have lots of time to get used to their smell and company before they are left together alone.

The kittens are farm bred like Baby was so won't be house cats but they have been tamed and will be loved just the same and i just hope they are anything like Baby because he is a total doll.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2:
How exciting to be adding to your feline family. :bouquet: Here's a TCS article on How To Introduce A Kitten To An Older Cat that you might want to read before you bring the kittens home.

We love pictures, BTW. So feel free to post pics of Baby/Bobby, as well as the kittens once they're home. :camera:
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post | TheCatSite

Condolences on the loss of the tortie you fostered. :alright: We have a Crossing the Bridge forum if you would like to post a tribute to her. RIP sweet girl. :hearthrob: :angel: :hearthrob:

Last edited:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
3d4a7fca5a901077faa7d23e16e6e300.gif
equicat and Baby, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
6b0761785619f5d03bafcffc9be0400b.gif

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

So sorry to hear about Baby's brother :alright: but we are glad that you are getting another two kitties.
Do post photos of Baby for us to see :camera:

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've always had good luck introducing kittens to older cats, I suppose the older cats don't feel threatened by the little ones. I just introduced an older cat to my three other cats, and that has worked out pretty well, though there was some hissing at first, mainly on Crackhead's part, LOL. :confused:

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:welcomesign:to you and your new fur babies. And a extra big hello to uncle Bobby baby.