First Litter

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

smudge12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank use all feeling reassured. I'm kinda convinced it could be after pains too as she definitely seemed in pain. The rest of the night went smoothly and she didnt seem to need me there. She is being a fantastic mum, last night after this happened I heard a kitten cry and guided her to her nest as soon as she heard the cry she very quickly got back in to action. With the kmr she has a bowl available every few hours and has never touched any of the bowls, I've tried watering it down still doesn't touch it , unsure if this is just because she is never offered any milks ever maybe should have introduced it in pregnancy.
The "missing" kitten is still a mystery she was definitely chewing and pushing out more than 4 I'm sure, maybe one was undeveloped or she was making there cords all even shorter I really dont know probably never will but whatever has happened just glad the 4 that are here seem to be thriving which is so amazing to watch. They look much bigger already which i really didnt expect thank you so much again!!!!

smudge12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And with sleeping next to her nest I also have a 4 year old daughter who likes to sleep beside me and will wake up and cry if I'm not there during the night :(

smudge12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi again, question to ask may sound like a stupid one... Genetically speaking many people have said my Grey and white must be a female as males take after mum color wise. I'm so sure the 4 of them are males. Is it possible to have a black and white mum and a Grey and white male?

Attachments

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi again, question to ask may sound like a stupid one... Genetically speaking many people have said my Grey and white must be a female as males take after mum color wise. I'm so sure the 4 of them are males. Is it possible to have a black and white mum and a Grey and white male?
I can't see any reason why not. Never heard that males take after mom color-wise. If that were so, there would be very few orange cats since most of them are male.

smudge12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I'll try and see if I can get a photo at some point and upload it to see if I have definitely sexed him right.

smudge12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's what I think too! Hoping its right or we will have a female named rocky lol (daughter picked the name)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is it two pictures of the same kitten? Both pictures look male to me.

And yes, a black and white mom can have a gray and white male or female. Gray is dilute black.

smudge12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes both the same cat. Awesome he can keep his name now lol. Thank you both! The others in the litter look basically the same so I'm sure now all are males :)

smudge12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Smudges nesting area is within a built in cupboard. In the cupboard I set up a box for her which shes been great with no trying to move kittens etc. But over the past few days she keeps sitting on her babies every time she tries to lie down as I think she's running out of room (didnt expect kitty's to be so big this quick i guess) and seems to be having to lie rather awkward at times.. would it be okay to take the box out of the cupboard? Leave all the bedding etc just the box would be being removed so she has the whole cupboard. The cupboard isn't huge but its a good size and plenty of room until kittens are 10-12 weeks old.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, that would be fine. Leave a blanket down. The kittens will want to be out exploring at around 4 weeks of age. They won't stay in the cupboard that long! :)