First Ever Litter

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kristyd

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still no kittens so we are back to the vets in the morning. The vet said they may have been a week or so out so hoping they just got the dates wrong and there's nothing else wrong. But she's now 2 weeks overdue, we were going to take her last week but the vet said allow an extra week as they may have been a week or so out so hopefully tomorrow we will have some answers as to why we still have an extremely fat grumpy pregnant cat and no kittens. If we have no joys in getting answers I will be getting a second opinion

kristyd

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So last night finally after a long wait and a panicked phone call to the vet she has had one healthy happy kitten who we have named splodge. I have had a feel and I can't feel any more in her belly and she doesn't look pregnant any more so I'm assuming one is all she is going to have (that was why I rang the vet as I was worried that there was more that hadn't come out). She decided that she would give birth on the sofa in front of everyone although we have moved her into a safer place now much to her disliking she keeps trying to move back onto the sofa :(

Attachments

kristyd

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's doing an amazing job. We waited the 36 hours and still only one kitten. She doesn't seem to like her privacy though, she still keeps bringing the kitten and giving it me which I think is a bit odd, but she always takes it back afterwards and she's still feeding it and grooming it so I think she just wants to share it. Once we know the sex I will let you all know :)