First Cfa Show

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sterling will be shown for the first time in CFA this weekend. Unfortunately he is the only one in his color class so unless he is picked for a final, he will not get any points toward his grand championship. It will be interesting to see how he is received by the judges. I will be spending the afternoon grooming him today since I took the day off.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
Sterling will NOT be going to his first show today. I got up this morning to get ready and saw that one of my girls was having an issue in the litter box. She needs to go to the vet today or she may block so that is what I am doing instead. Since the show is a back to back( 2 shows, 1 weekend), I plan on going tomorrow. It is just that the judges I REALLY wanted to handle him are there today, but my babies come first.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
Sterling will NOT be going to his first show today. I got up this morning to get ready and saw that one of my girls was having an issue in the litter box. She needs to go to the vet today or she may block so that is what I am doing instead. Since the show is a back to back( 2 shows, 1 weekend), I plan on going tomorrow. It is just that the judges I REALLY wanted to handle him are there today, but my babies come first.
Oh no! I’m sorry to hear this! How is your kitty doing today?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lottie (the one with the UTI is fine since she is on antibiotics. I went to the second day of the show and it was a disaster! As I was getting Sterling ready for his first ring I noticed his left eye looked irritated. I used some artificial tears hoping to wash whatever was irritating it out and put him in the ring. When he was judged and I took him back out his eye looked terrible! you could tell from the way he was acting that it was painful. I pulled him from the other rings and took him home. By 7 o'clock last night his eye was almost back to normal after using eye drops all day. So for a 6 hour drive (3 each way) $145 entry fees, a vacation day, and a tank of gas we got 1 purple ribbon toward his championship (needs 6). I certainly hope the other 5 aren't going to be that expensive!!! To say I am disappointed is an understatement, but his health comes first.

auntie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So sorry that happened to you both! At least you know it is only going to get better from this point forward ...sometimes it’s good to get the disasters out of the way. Now anything normal will seem amazing!
:vibes: