Fireworks why can't we have the silent ones?

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been wondering about this since last year. Finally have an answer and it's truly sad. From the article- I think it's time to stop saying cats are the main danger for birds.

"On New Year’s Eve 2010, approximately 5,000 red-winged blackbirds crashed into houses, buildings, and trees during the annual fireworks display, dropping to the ground dead. It happened again the following year, causing police to impose an impromptu fireworks ban.

Low-noise fireworks have been around for more than 30 years, and while they certainly aren’t silent, they are a much quieter option. Average fireworks crack off at anywhere from 140 – 170 decibels, enough to cause hearing damage. Comparatively, low-noise fireworks are about 70 decibels, reducing the noise for our animal friends by more than half.

So why aren’t more Americans making the switch to quieter fireworks? Sadly, the answer comes down to preference. When given a side-by-side comparison, most people prefer traditional fireworks."

So, my questions are answered you can't turn a rock into a tree.

Last edited:

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On Saturday I am throwing a Quinceanera for my cat Brillo, who recently turned 15. Haha! As part of the festivities, I bought and will light a silent-ish fountain. I think they are great! After a couple of big booms from regular fireworks, it’s all just noise.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Feliz Cumpleanos! Have the best quince, little kitty! (sorry no accent marks).

I completely agree on the fireworks. I had to give my dog ace which I hate to do but he was beside himself and about to stroke out.

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! We aren’t even Mexican, but love the tradition! Going all out! I will probably do a post about it.
869DDDB5-191F-42D5-B230-CBCB9EBCB6BD.jpeg