Fire Hits Close to Home

alyssam

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There was a terrible fire last night in the town we(technically) live in. Boyfriend woke me up when he saw it on the news last night at 11:00pm. Ten businesses were affected and it apparently took 12 hours for the firefighters to put it out. Two businesses we were very familiar with, one, a computer repair shop, run by a friend and a feed & pet store where we always get our hay and farm supplies. 

Here's the story below along with a slideshow...
http://www.wtoc.com/story/26195679/firefighters-on-scene-of-fire-in-downtown-jesup

It doesn't give specifics about the feed & pet store but comments from residents on Facebook say that people had been running in to get as many animals out as possible but eventually had to stop. It is uncertain how many precious babies were lost and had to suffer through the fire. An apology and rest in peace goes out to them.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Very scary having such a big fire in a near by area.  Tragic for all the businesses but how horrible that one was a pet supplies store and animals lost.  Can't bare to think about that.  Too awful.

Thank you for sharing so more people can know of these animals and wish them peace. 

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
that is scary! I hope no humans got too terribly hurt.. but I do feel for the animals too. Poor things.

I am glad you are safe though.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't know about the animals.  How awful.  RIP little ones.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear about the animals. Fires are always scary, even when there are no lives at stake.