Finicky eater

foreman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sally here has lately become more of a picky eater. She will start eating one brand of dry food, then stop and expect something else. She occasionally vomits up her dry food. I bought her a quality brand which she ate in piecemeal for over a month, now won't touch the 2nd bag of the same brand but different flavor. I bought her the sensitive stomach purina which she liked at first but is now not happy with. She gets wet food once a day but asks for it more often. I can't give her only that.

Any tips?

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. How old is Sally and does she have any health issues that should be taken into consideration. Also, just curious why you can't give her more wet food - expense or another reason? Just helping to clarify so that folks can better understand her situation in order to know what kind of tips to offer.

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Well I have a 7mth old female named Jemima and she too is very difficult to feed. She’s thrown up 4 times with 4 different cat foods. The last one was vital essentials raw duck. No bones, no agar, no grains, soy, beans, potato, fruit, veggies. Just frozen raw duck with the essential vitamins etc for aafco. Sooo ?? Confusing to say the least. Fancy feast has so many extras that a cat that has a sensitive stomach probably can’t eat it. I’ve tried many many different food textures and types. She is just picky, I feel, coupled with a sensitive stomach. I’m at a loss when it comes to cat food. Certainly, I get it! And it’s very frustrating because we want our beloved cats to eat well and be healthy. By the way, Jemima is thin but is very active and playful! All this to say; you’re a good parent to your fur baby;)

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Sally here has lately become more of a picky eater. She will start eating one brand of dry food, then stop and expect something else. She occasionally vomits up her dry food. I bought her a quality brand which she ate in piecemeal for over a month, now won't touch the 2nd bag of the same brand but different flavor. I bought her the sensitive stomach purina which she liked at first but is now not happy with. She gets wet food once a day but asks for it more often. I can't give her only that.

Any tips?
Maybe try giving wet food 2× day...n little dry at night...Thats what I do with my boy

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh!! Foreman I forgot to mention the dry food she’ll eat; petcurian Go! (Kitten) it’s the only dry food she likes 👍🏼😀. Maybe try that 🤷🏻‍♀️? Jemima also will suddenly stop eating a food. No rhyme nor reason to it...