Finding the right cat harness

ToruPop

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm a first time cat assistant. Adopted Toru about three weeks ago now. Lately it seems he's been getting ansty to find new places to explore. He's jumping in cabinets and the fridge, even trying to get in the fireplace, etc. And he stares outside longingly. I don't want him roaming around freely outside, I've heard too many terrible stories and seen things.... there's no way. I thought I'd try a harness and been having bad luck. The first one I ordered was way too small, and I did a measurement and ordered a second. I took my time getting him used to it. When he was comfortable and I was able to get it on him, I found the adjustments on the harness a bit difficult but ended up tightening them as much as possible (this was the smallest size of the model I that was available). I made a rookie mistake and took him out too early, and discovered he could get out. A little adventure underneath neighbors decks ensued but I eventually corralled the little guy.

In different times I would go into a pet store and get help finding the right one, but I'm under the circumstances probably going to stick to ordering things online. But I hope the next one I order is the last, as it would be a pain to keep ordering them, getting Toru comfortable enough with it to try it on him, and finding it doesn't work. My admittedly imprecise chest measurement was 14"-15" inches, but the model I last tried was supposed to fit that. Does anyone have a specific model recommendation or some advice on finding the right one. There are seemingly hundreds of models out there. Visually I'd probably prefer a fairly plain one, and nothing overly cutesy, and there seem to be a lot of that out there (no offense to anyone who likes them!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ToruPop

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise