Finding small dried poop

CaitlinH

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!
we’ve found a couple small poos around the house lately. They are dry and very tiny. She poos in her box regularly and I clean the litter every other day. Should I be worried? She has thrown up a couple of times in the past month ( all looked like kibble and once a hair ball). Are they just something from her box that gets trailed out with her? We are debating on if we should call the vet just yet since it’s a stressful ordeal in itself but of course I’ll do that if it’s necessary.
Any advice will be appreciated!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, is she a long haired kitty where these might be dingleberries that are sticking to her? It does seem as though something might be going on with her these past few weeks.

Oh, --you might want to do daily cleanings, and obtain a second litterbox. Sometimes a cat will prefer to pee in one and poo in the other.

Is she getting any canned food? Does she drink water?

Last edited:

louisstools

1 cat with me, 1 in heaven
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They certainly could be just things stuck to her fur that drops as the cat is going about her day, especially if she has longer fur. A puke every now and then wouldn't concern me very much...hairballs do happen, especially on longer fur cats.

Have you seen her go poop and/or pee lately? Is she straining? If the poop outside the litter box isn't from a normal healthy poop that got stuck to her fur then there's some other problem. Could be medical, like constipation, or behavioral like she's not happy with the litter or how clean the box is. If the litter box isn't easily monitored you might consider a wifi motion activated security camera...great way to passively monitor for things like constipation.

I would track pukes and poops outside the litter box on a calendar that way you know when these events are happening and if you need to go to the vet you can provide them more data.

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes poos can get kicked out surprisingly far, so that may be an option too depending on what you mean by around the house. Thats usually been when I dont change the litter on time, but sometimes a cat just likes to play soccer or whatever lol.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CaitlinH

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!
She’s short- haired cat so they might not be dingle berries. We have seen her drink water, I’ve noticed her pee pad isn’t as saturated though so maybe she isn’t drinking enough water. We have a water fountain with filter, which I should be changing more regularly.
As for her using the box, I’ll monitor her more closely to see if she is straining- I try to give the gal some space but we should be seeing what is up.
She has canned wet food and dry food, we changed her dry food up and it might a richer than her little tummy can take!

They certainly could be just things stuck to her fur that drops as the cat is going about her
Hi, is she a long haired kitty where these might be dingleberries that are sticking to her? It does seem as though something might be going on with her these past few weeks.

Oh, --you might want to do daily cleanings, and obtain a second litterbox. Sometimes a cat will prefer to pee in one and poo in the other.

Is she getting any canned food? Does she drink water?
day, especially if she has longer fur. A puke every now and then wouldn't concern me very much...hairballs do happen, especially on longer fur cats.

Have you seen her go poop and/or pee lately? Is she straining? If the poop outside the litter box isn't from a normal healthy poop that got stuck to her fur then there's some other problem. Could be medical, like constipation, or behavioral like she's not happy with the litter or how clean the box is. If the litter box isn't easily monitored you might consider a wifi motion activated security camera...great way to passively monitor for things like constipation.

I would track pukes and poops outside the litter box on a calendar that way you know when these events are happening and if you need to go to the vet you can provide them more data.

Tippy’sMom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!
She’s short- haired cat so they might not be dingle berries. We have seen her drink water, I’ve noticed her pee pad isn’t as saturated though so maybe she isn’t drinking enough water. We have a water fountain with filter, which I should be changing more regularly.
As for her using the box, I’ll monitor her more closely to see if she is straining- I try to give the gal some space but we should be seeing what is up.
She has canned wet food and dry food, we changed her dry food up and it might a richer than her little tummy can take!
Do you mind me asking what dry you were using and which you switched to? I’m looking at possibly changing myself. Thanks!