Finding it Hard to find Wet Food Over the Internet these days.

Babypinkweeb

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I only have 2 cats so thankfully haven't seen the worst of food supply issues yet. Since I adopted my younger cat I've let him try different wet foods because I was paranoid about this situation. He gets a mix of Raws, FF, and Tiki Cat (plus some freeze dried) depending on the supply situation around me.

I definitely noticed FF being very hard to find. The place I normally get Rawz from (Kraiser's or a local animal feed store) has seen some supply issues during the holidays but I managed to buy a case on Hearty Pet website. Thankfully with how calorie dense Rawz pates are a case of 24 cans can last a whole month for me if supplemented with other foods. I think I might just be lucky due to living in populated suburbs with tons of different pet stores who can place orders directly from the companies for me. I actually end up relying on the local stores more than Chewy because they have better stock, but I know that's not an option for everyone.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go to Chewie's and set up a subscription with what you want and how often. Since I set up a subscription, I get the Sheba variety packs I want according to the schedule I set up. In fact, I got a delivery of Sheba yesterday from Chewie's.

They've yet to miss a scheduled delivery
I used to have auto delivery with Chewy. I dropped it because I ended up with so much extra canned food on hand. Now I just buy a few days before runner out of canned food. I always keep stocked with dry cat food though.

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've got a couple of extra boxes, but instead of cancelling, I'll just extend out the time between shipments

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I plan on trying walgreens tomorrow. I got a box of Fancy Feast classics at target and ordered some on chewy

Turdle and Storm's Dad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Walmart where I live is always out of everything BUT Sheba. Kind of weird how some areas have and some don't. Maybe it's a regional thing because of where it's made

Attachments

zunarj5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was just in Petsmart today and they have plenty of stock, but only of the expensive stuff, the $1.50 to $2 or more cans. The "cheaper" 73¢ Fancy Feast shelves were mostly bare.

Turdle and Storm's Dad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I can usually find pate, which for me isn't bad. Seems like a lot of cats prefer slices or chunky. My cats only lick the juice off the chunky food. They'll actually eat the whole can of pate so it works out for me.

ZepMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm also a Chewy auto ship customer, but the Natural Balance canned food for one of my kitties has been out of stock recently. I was able to postpone the shipment until it came in last month, but feel I got lucky.

We're trying to get him use to different brands, but have to mix just a little in with the Natural Balance to avoid GI issues. The other brands are quite a bit more expensive around $2 a can which is almost as much as the prescription food the other kitty is on. Imagine the prescription food is about to jump in price soon. Its concerning as our pet budget almost doubled in April with the prescription food.

I had been ordering a little extra, but cut back as I hadn't noticed any issue. I also thought transition to a brand wouldn't be as difficult. Big mistake.

I'm hoping to find another source for the Natural Balance. I will check the site & stores mentioned earlier in the thread. Appreciate the information shared.

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
I usually don't feed my cats fancy feast, but I keep a few cans in their "rotation" because they are picky lil brats and if I don't give them different stuff (don't worry, they're all used to the foods I give them) then they go on hunger strikes. so at first I didn't notice since we buy maybe 6 cans at a time when we do, but I noticed even HERE we're starting to see less and less fancy feast on the shelf x.x I don't get it.

ZepMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not sure if mine are picky, but he wasn't excited about the different brands at first. Think we may have been giving him a bit too much of the new food. Pretty sure we are swapping the Merrick out for more of the Nulo when we get by Pet Smart.

Thank goodness we found a seller through Amazon & have ordered a case of the Natural Balance. Looks like it will take about a week to get here. I considered ordering more, but wanted to make sure it didn't arrived damaged & the date was ok. Maybe I'll get lucky & they will still have it available next week or Chewy will have it when my auto ship goes out next week.

I hope things will improve soon & we'll be able to find what we needed to keep our kitties happy.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
The other day, I thought I would go online to the Royal Canin website; to see if there were any updates and to check the stock....

Nope, RC took their website down...

There is no way of knowing anything.. I contacted Petflow, to cancel an order--long story-- When asking about the RC rabbit, they said, "It looks like it will be out of stock for a while."......dam RC.. I say that because it was recently purchased by Mars.... That is when they started began shutting down the production of prescription food...

All I can say, is: if you can find it...stock up... It seems as if, Pretty soon there will be none available...

KittyCatCove

Daddy of 4
Adult Cat
Purraise
I always keep a large supply of cat food in the house, just in case. My cats eat only FF and Purina Pro, plus dry food.

I looked at Chewy yesterday and this morning... most of their popular brands of wet cat food are out of stock. Fancy Feast is very slim pickins. I was at PetSmart yesterday... same thing. This wet food shortage is getting very serious.

As a last resort, I have lots of tuna and canned chicken if the wet cat food inventory totally dries up.

Make sure you buy everything you can when it's available.

MindyStClairesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
GOBS of Fancy Feast Classic Pate at the Daly City (San Francisco) PetsMart today. I have had a few disappointments when ordering on-line, but there was PLENTY on the shelves, so maybe that's a harbinger of good things to come?

KittyCatCove

Daddy of 4
Adult Cat
Purraise
GOBS of Fancy Feast Classic Pate at the Daly City (San Francisco) PetsMart today. I have had a few disappointments when ordering on-line, but there was PLENTY on the shelves, so maybe that's a harbinger of good things to come?
I certainly hope so. Here on the East coast wet food inventory is pretty low. I have many friends and relatives that have cats and they all say the same thing.