Finding Foster Parents

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The organization that I work with to rescue cats does not have enough foster parents. If you are with a rescue group, how do you recruit foster parents? I don't get out much, but I was thinking maybe I could advertise on line (with their permission). Where do you advertise?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Most rescues have a FB page where a call can be put out for fosters.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They do have a facebook page where they ask for volunteers, but I doubt they have that many people visiting it, since it is a small organization.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ask your and other involved. To share the link to this fb page. Some ads on message boards around the town.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I emailed a lady with the group and they have a person who does the Facebook stuff. I don't want to step on any toes. I was just hoping I could help, since I rescue kittens who need fosters. She said they are going to be doing something to try and get more.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does your area have a "Buy, Sell or Trade" facebook page? Does your area have 4-H club? Maybe the Boy Scouts can offer suggestions, too.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I emailed a lady with the group and they have a person who does the Facebook stuff. I don't want to step on any toes. I was just hoping I could help, since I rescue kittens who need fosters. She said they are going to be doing something to try and get more.
You could still share the FB posts and ask your FB friends to do the same.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't actually use Facebook. I guess I should start. Is there a way to use FB without using your whole name? I would like to remain a little incognito.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
It isn't easy. I do some volunteer work with a new group trying to find homes for older cats who get left behind when their owners die or go to nursing facilities. We put out the word on FB and website, and do tabling events at our local farmers markets, pet stores, and grocery stores. They've just printed out brochures to start giving out at vet clinics. I've just suggested to them that they try to get the word out through nextdoor.com. We haven't started that yet so I don't know how effective it will be.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't actually use Facebook. I guess I should start. Is there a way to use FB without using your whole name? I would like to remain a little incognito.
Using FB incognito isnt easy - I know someone who used her dead uncle's name and info to start a dummy account and she said that it was easy. Scammers do it all the time, preying on women looking for love, so it must be doable. And you are doing it for something good - not for harm. It is frustrating how sensitive people can be, esp in volunteer organizations, so I understand your need to not "step on toes". Keep up your efforts, though, the KITTIES need you. :soldier:

houseofnine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You could maybe start at your vet's office by asking the techs. They might have friends in the same field who would be willing to help. Best of luck.