Finding A Good Balance Of Wet/dry For 7 Mo Kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Count

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Since Count is a kitten, I should ideally feed him kitten grade food. But there seems to be a bigger variety with adult foods. For example the link below is for schesir adult foods, which are high quality, and no aloe. I am giving Orijen Cat & Kitten as half of the diet anyway, which is kitten grade, would it be ok for me to feed adult canned foods?

Konserve Kedi Maması | Avrupa'nın Lider Online Pet Shop'u - Schesir

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since Count is a kitten, I should ideally feed him kitten grade food. But there seems to be a bigger variety with adult foods. For example the link below is for schesir adult foods, which are high quality, and no aloe. I am giving Orijen Cat & Kitten as half of the diet anyway, which is kitten grade, would it be ok for me to feed adult canned foods?

Konserve Kedi Maması | Avrupa'nın Lider Online Pet Shop'u - Schesir
The general advice on this is to feed foods labeled "for all life cycles," though in your case, with limited options, I'd probably just go for the meatiest complete foods available.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Count

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I ordered 12 big cans of Animonda Carny, 24 pouches of Brit, 12 cans of Schesir Adult food and 12 cans of Schesir food with aloe. I am worried about aloe poisoning but I might give a quarter can etc to try. There are a ton of reviews so I guess it is fine.

I also found another Schesir kitten food that was listed under adult food for some reason, it is kitten food, and without aloe. I ordered 24 pouches of it.

It is called Schesir Kitten Bio Chicken. It is by far the most expensive option on there, but I am desperate at this point so I ordered it. It has only chicken as a protein source, it is grain free, and it's organic, whatever that really means other than marketing.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ordered 12 big cans of Animonda Carny, 24 pouches of Brit, 12 cans of Schesir Adult food and 12 cans of Schesir food with aloe. I am worried about aloe poisoning but I might give a quarter can etc to try. There are a ton of reviews so I guess it is fine.

I also found another Schesir kitten food that was listed under adult food for some reason, it is kitten food, and without aloe. I ordered 24 pouches of it.

It is called Schesir Kitten Bio Chicken. It is by far the most expensive option on there, but I am desperate at this point so I ordered it. It has only chicken as a protein source, it is grain free, and it's organic, whatever that really means other than marketing.
That's a good variety! Funny you should say that about "organic" -- I differ from those who are proponents of this because the way I see it, the whole planet, air, water, and soil, is polluted. Some farmers and ranchers do not use pesticides. Whether or not they do, we are still ingesting pollutants. It's a fact. I've been eating non-"organic" foods all my life and I'll take my chances with those.