Finally started being my own boss!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I made a call to the outplacement firm my old employer has retained to start their course on starting your own business.
Tomorrow or monday I should have an estimate on my business cards.
Stopped at local Dept of Revenue office-have to obtain seller's permit.
Discussed with DH on opening a business checking acct with a loan from our savings.
Bought a daily planner and put together a potential client list. I have 6 for sure with another maybe that I will contact tomorrow. Another is in a Chicago suburb and won't know more for a bit on that.
Had to celebrate by buying some plants!!! (must stop doing this!!)

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's wonderful news!!, what exactly would your business entail??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Landscape design-renovation-installation and maintenance. Also container planting and landscape ornamentation (fancy for "yard art")!! I have had a small plant sale annually for several yrs and have done some garden design and installation I just have to do "more". Imagine shopping for plants with other people's money!!!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Landscape design-renovation-installation and maintenance. Also container planting and landscape ornamentation (fancy for "yard art")!! I have had a small plant sale annually for several yrs and have done some garden design and installation I just have to do "more". Imagine shopping for plants with other people's money!!!
Oh that sounds wonderful!!
Best of luck!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds like you planned this out carefully. That you made a business plan, found the funding or the working capital, and thought it all out. Best of luck. If you want to write up your story on starting this home business, I am currently working on a website for someone that they would present your story to the visitors there. www.keepgoals.com

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I need a landscape gardener in France! Do you work at a distance if I sent you plans and photos? Then you could see what was happening when you visit this summer?

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You go girl
! Hmmm, now you can buy a new truck and take it off your income tax
as a business related expense.

lndscpsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Congratulations! Where are you located? I only ask because I do the same business here in MN. Ours is VERY seasonal to say the least. I wish you MUCH success! Let me know if you have any questions.

gil

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

This morning I made a call to the outplacement firm my old employer has retained to start their course on starting your own business.
Tomorrow or monday I should have an estimate on my business cards.
Stopped at local Dept of Revenue office-have to obtain seller's permit.
Discussed with DH on opening a business checking acct with a loan from our savings.
Bought a daily planner and put together a potential client list. I have 6 for sure with another maybe that I will contact tomorrow. Another is in a Chicago suburb and won't know more for a bit on that.
Had to celebrate by buying some plants!!! (must stop doing this!!)
That's great news. I admire anyone who sets out on their own.