Finally got some food for kitty.

darg

Gizmo
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I posted a venting thread about not being able to find Turkey. Now I'm posting the relief thread.

Bought two packages of turkey legs, 6 per package (the store had 8 or 9 of the packs). Also 3 packages of turkey thighs, 6 thighs total. A little on the small size but I'm thankful.
Also have a package of pork chops from last week. Thankfully, I only have one cat and he does eat some canned in the mornings. So, I should be good for a while. It was a big sigh of relief. We decided early this morning to make a run at a couple stores that seemed to have more than most, eventhough they are a little bit of a drive away. We got lucky at both of them finding the legs at one and a package of thighs at the other. Then we hit a Publix market on the way back (not our usual Publix) and found 3 packages of the thighs we usually get. They had a limit of 2 per person so, having gotten all those legs we left the 3rd package for someone else (rather than having my wife buy it separately).

As an aside, drumsticks are a royal PITA to prep. Easy enough to de-bone but they are loaded with tendons ("feather bones"). It's a miserable chore but I'm happy to have found them. Could probably just remove the larger, major tendons and leave the minor ones in (they are more rubbery than bony) and just grind it up but Gizmo is picky as heck about anything that's hard or too chewy in his food. On the plus side, I think he likes the leg meat a little better than the thigh.

Hoping you raw and homemade feeders are finding enough of whatever meat you feed to keep your kitty's fed.

God bless.

Last edited:

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you found the meat, darg darg ! It's meat that I keep stocking up on, knowing (as I've said before and will probably say again) that the cats need it more than we humans do.

Stay well, everybody!
❤