Fighting Or Playing?

Suru

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh Suru Suru , your kitties look just like mine!! (much younger though)

I don't have video to share, but Saf is much much more louder. Here are few pictures. As you see Saf (louder) always defeats.
*squeals*
I LOLed so hard at the kitty stuck in the couch. they're so silly sometimes!

PaulinPilsen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m in the process myself of introducing 2 cats - females, 8 month old and a 13 month old. It is surprising that the 8 month old is the aggressor against the 13 month old. They are seeming to work it out 3/4 of the time, but then there are episodes where the 8 month just gets really aggressive chasing the other, especially in the morning. And the kitten is relentless. This morning, I separated them. I felt sorry for my 13 month old who seems to just want to co-exist peacefully, but gets chased on sight. She has to crouch and hiss in defense posture. I have been hoping these two can become friends but now I don’t know, and I’m not sure. The younger cat seems so much more possessive. I’m not sure if I can attribute this behavior to her kittenhood, and that some of this is excessive play. It has been about 4 days now. There was a week of total separation in separate rooms.

There have been many moments where the cats were together, near me and swatting the same toy as I played with them. This makes me feel good, until the younger cat gets the idea to bully the older cat around.

Suru

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There have been many moments where the cats were together, near me and swatting the same toy as I played with them. This makes me feel good, until the younger cat gets the idea to bully the older cat around.
What I've noticed when I take my cat on playdates with my friend's other two cats, is that they will never play with the same toy. if one cat is playing with a toy, another will sit back and watch until it's their turn... all three get along really well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just one more thought. I saw them play wrestling and that was fine. What they were doing the other day was fighting over territory. The play wrestling, Cricket was totally silent. When they fight over territory or a toy (last night), there is hissing, growling, yowling from Cricket. I will use distraction if I see they engaging in territorial fighting and let the other kind go.

PaulinPilsen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m not sure whether it is getting better. So Lisi, my 13 month old, doesn’t seem to be too afraid of the bully, 8 month old Luna. However, it is obvious that Lisi is very annoyed. Luna seems to be always instigating a fight. Lisi sometimes fights back, especially if cornered. But mostly, she handles it by running into boxes that I set up for her throughout the house. She runs to a box, and usually, Luna gives up the fight. I think Luna’s behavior is part her personality (more territorial than Lisi) and the other part is she is 8 months old and very much an older kitten. What do you guys think? Do you think my cats will settle down and become mates?