Fever coat/3 week old kitten questions

Prettystray321

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey, I’ve been taking care of a stray and she had her babies last week….

does this look like fever coat? And does the ginger look like it has fever coat or is it cream ginger? Does fever coat affect the kittens health at all?

thanks

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it does look like a fever coat. It's harder to say on the ginger, but since the rest have it, it is most likely present there too. That kitten may be closer to white. It means the little ones will be much darker when their permanent fur grows in, in about 6 months. Poor mama was sick when she was pregnant. I have not heard at all that it affects the kittens at all, just their coloring. Like points on a cat, since the legs, etc. have a lower temp, they are darker.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Prettystray321

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So the kittens are 3 weeks old today.I have a few questions…

They currently weigh
478g
463g
455g
438g
398g

does this seem about right? Mama cat over the last 4 days seems pretty unbothered by them and only goes in to feed them and then goes outside of the basket to sleep how often should she be going in to feed them now?

also the kittens are now beating 7 bells of kitten poop out of each other is this normal? They do it to the point where they squeak. They keep going completely skitty.

they are also still quite wobbly walking around is this normal?

thanks x

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It is normal that they are toddling at this age, and it is normal that they play and tussle with each other. You can break it up if it’s too rough.

Mom should be feeding her kittens at longer intervals now - about every 3-4 hours.

Their weights are excellent!