Fever Coat?

Seven12342

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is Daisy. I rescued her and her brother Will when they were 4 1/2 weeks old. I also rescued another female from the same litter (Pip) when she was 2 weeks old.

Daisy almost died the night I got her due to extreme anemia and dehydration. She was infested with fleas and worms and was malnourished. She was born black, but her coat started changing about 2 weeks ago. She's now 8 1/2 weeks old and has a lot of white throughout her coat, especially on her back. Will was also very sick but not quite as bad as Daisy. His coat has changed too in the last couple of weeks, but not as much.

All of the information I have found on fever coat is about kittens that are born with it due to the female being sick during pregnancy. With Daisy it's the exact opposite, she wasn't born with it. The first pic is at 6 1/2 weeks, the second one is at 8 1/2 weeks old. Is this fever coat?

Daisy6&HalfWeeks.jpg
Daisy8&HalfWeeks.jpg

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Fever coat I've only heard as something kittens are born with. In your case I think it is long term malnutrition at play. Especially given her state when you found her I would go more towards lacking of specific vitamins or minerals affecting her coat.