Fever And The Runs.. Immunotherapy Drugs

Ladyrosee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi friends. I've posted about my little love bug Morton before. He is about a year and a few months now and has ITP. He got on 50mg of cyclosporine back in January and is ALMOST completely off prednisolone (hes been on pred since he was 3 months). He has reoccuring diarrhea accompanied by a fever (today is 103.4). I also work at a cat clinic and fear sometimes I bring germs home with me.

Has anyone had their cat on immunosuppressants and them been on and off sick? Even if you cant take their temp it's obvious when they have a fever like loss of appetite and feeling warm. He is just so fragile I'm always in fear we are going to lose him at any moment. He was doing amazing up until this point a few days back.. lowering the prednisolone he has truly started to shine and actually play. Hes always been a horrible eater though so that's something I struggle with all the time is getting him to figure out how to eat (hes a special kitty, mentally slow). I just worry so much. He goes in Thursday to recheck his platelet count and if it's normal we lower the pred again! Might do a urine work up just to be sure he is okay. His CBCs have been great. All organs functioning well (we get a CBC for platelet checks every 3 weeks)

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yeah, let's get him checked. Anytime you have to suppress the immune system, even if it is life-saving, you run the risk of some opportunistic bug moving in and raising a family. Better safe than sorry!