Fetching Foods

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone used Fetching foods? The gently cooked cat food looks interesting to me.
Any information? opinions?

Home

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is no vegan cat food.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh, I've never heard of them. Their website looks interesting, for both raw and cooked options. I don't see an ingredient list anywhere, do they list it on their website?

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh, I've never heard of them. Their website looks interesting, for both raw and cooked options. I don't see an ingredient list anywhere, do they list it on their website?
i think somewhat, under menu? the site i was reading about them from said they are great with questions, emails, or special requests. i was interested in the cooked option, as you dont see that much.

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I see the list of major ingredients now. I love the concept - it's like Blue Apron or those other human food companies that deliver fresh food. I would want to make sure they are getting the proper nutrition, obviously.

I'm also kind of shocked at the price, I expected it to be insanely expensive. It's not cheap, but definitely doable even as a sometimes food. I might have to email them to inquire and learn more. If you try them out, let us know what you think!

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I see the list of major ingredients now. I love the concept - it's like Blue Apron or those other human food companies that deliver fresh food. I would want to make sure they are getting the proper nutrition, obviously.

I'm also kind of shocked at the price, I expected it to be insanely expensive. It's not cheap, but definitely doable even as a sometimes food. I might have to email them to inquire and learn more. If you try them out, let us know what you think!
I will, and if you do please give feedback as well. I thought it was interesting that he is willing to do custom foods. The site i was reading was talking about a cat with pancreatitis, and they found that Fetching foods will make custom foods for a cat with a specific condition. Or help the pet parent come up with a formulation so they can make their own. Dont know, just sounded like it might be helpful to some.

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
So what does this mean?

Raw, cooked, and vegan options.
All of those fruits and veggies in the banner photo in front of the cat are also very misleading.

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
They do have a vegan option for dogs.
I have to say that this is quite concerning to me. It’s great that they offer fresh raw foods but I would be cautious of any company promoting vegan diets for dogs or cats.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont know enough about dogs, and their needs to make any recommendations for them one way or the other. I dont think i would feed a dog vegan, i know i would not for a cat. But i dont think that would turn me off the company, they don't recommend any vegan for cats, which we all know is bad. And most of their dog food is not vegan. No one needs buy the vegan dog food if they dont think its right.

I do find it quite interesting that they will help formulate a diet for a cat with specific needs. Not many food companies i have ever seen that will do that? I read on the forum, and other places too, about the struggles people with diabetic cats, hyperthyroid cats, pancreatic cats..ect..ect.. go through to find a suitable food. This company says they will help, so it might be a viable option for some who need this kind of thing. I have not tried them, or researched them before today, but for a pet parent struggling to find food, they may be an option.

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
Their site doesn't promote vegan options for cats at all, and I won't pretend to know enough about dog nutrition to comment on the vegan dog food. I would say it's a point against them that they offer it, but not enough to deter me from investigating further or giving it a try.

I want to contact them and talk to them about how they ensure a complete diet for cats. Do they add supplements or use a whole animal as cats would eat in the wild? I am impressed with the idea of making food fresh, instead of even high-quality canned food that by necessity needs a lot of preservatives and additives to add shelf life. I don't think vegan dog food will be too much a mark against them, especially since they know enough not to try one for cats.

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
FWIW Chewy also sells vegan pet food. What bothers me about this site is they put the word vegan at the top of their home page without specifying it is for dogs.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never looked for vegan food, didn't know chewy sells it. Never came up on my radar..lol. And we all know i love me some Chewy, if not for them i would be making a lot of 4 hour drives for cat foods. Such is life in a small town.

I dont worry about the design of their website, didnt even notice the vegan for dogs, until you brought it up...lol guess i was tunnel vision on the cats.. So many pet food companies advertise, and promote for dogs i try not to notice or care..

When i walk into a huge, lovely pet store, and have to go to that one scrawny little isle in the very back of the store, that kind of bugs me :)

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
I order from petstuff.com sometimes and they are always sending me offers to “make my tail wag” ... am I annoyed? Ready to pounce? Oh I’m happy, lol.

Bought 24 cans of cat food from them last week and they included a free of charge sample bag of dog kibble. :headshake:

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I order from petstuff.com sometimes and they are always sending me offers to “make my tail wag” ... am I annoyed? Ready to pounce? Oh I’m happy, lol.

Bought 24 cans of cat food from them last week and they included a free of charge sample bag of dog kibble. :headshake:
i have never used them, will have to check them out. i went in Hollywood feed a few weeks ago...lol they did the same thing. I bought quite a bit of cat food, and they gave me a free bag of dog treats. origen duck and pear, but hey the cats like it anyway :)

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
I realized the other day I autoship from five different websites to get all the food I want :oops: I had to type up a spreadsheet so that in case I die my boyfriend knows how to feed the cat.
  • lifesabundance.com (Life's Abundance)
  • chewy.com (Dr Elsey's Canned Turkey, Lotus)
  • petstuff.com (Hound and Gatos Gamebird is $30 cheaper per case than chewy!!!)
  • bernalbeast.com (only ships to west coast I think, only place I can get Rawz shipped)
  • petflow.com (Dave's Chicken Dinner, alternate with chewy depending on price and availability)

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made my husband a list too :rolleyes: