Festival of TOYS!! Post a photo of your kitten or cat with their latest or greatest favorite TOY!

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Before posting in this thread I wanted to consult the SEARCH service to make sure I didn't repeat the same photos. I know how to use SEARCH, I have done many times in the past but it doesn't work for me anymore. I get a "not results found" reply. Anybody else has this problem?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Before posting in this thread I wanted to consult the SEARCH service to make sure I didn't repeat the same photos. I know how to use SEARCH, I have done many times in the past but it doesn't work for me anymore. I get a "not results found" reply. Anybody else has this problem?
I think you can't do a search on the photos. In the previous two platforms before this, there is a column that shows all the photos that were posted and from there you can see which are the ones you have posted but that function has been taken away since.

I know about it as I used it always to make sure I don't double post a photo but too bad, it's gone :( But I guess we don't mind seeing the same photo again as most probably the same one could be buried deep in the thread and we can't remember ever seeing it.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you tabbytom for clarifying things for me. I wish we wouldn't have these platform changes. They complicate matters instead of helping. Browsers do the same thing. Once you master the rules and feel comfortable..............they change everything and drive you nuts.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you can't do a search on the photos. In the previous two platforms before this, there is a column that shows all the photos that were posted and from there you can see which are the ones you have posted but that function has been taken away since.

I know about it as I used it always to make sure I don't double post a photo but too bad, it's gone :( But I guess we don't mind seeing the same photo again as most probably the same one could be buried deep in the thread and we can't remember ever seeing it.
Thank you tabbytom for clarifying things for me. I wish we wouldn't have these platform changes. They complicate matters instead of helping. Browsers do the same thing. Once you master the rules and feel comfortable..............they change everything and drive you nuts.

tabbytom tabbytom - golondrina golondrina

You can still search all of your posts in a thread, though, no matter if the photo itself doesn't show up on the Results page as a photo. Then you can just click on each thread entry on the Results page to see what photo was in each post of yours... if you really want to make sure of not double-posting. But double-posting isn't a crime, I don't think! :biggrin:

Click on the "Search" button, top right-hand of page, and get this:

Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 11.57.31 AM.png

Choose "This thread", and put your username in the "By:" box, click Search.
Then you get your lists of posts you authored.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom - golondrina golondrina

You can still search all of your posts in a thread, though, no matter if the photo itself doesn't show up on the Results page as a photo. Then you can just click on each thread entry on the Results page to see what photo was in each post of yours... if you really want to make sure of not double-posting. But double-posting isn't a crime, I don't think! :biggrin:

Click on the "Search" button, top right-hand of page, and get this:

Choose "This thread", and put your username in the "By:" box, click Search.
Then you get your lists of posts you authored.
This is one of the ways but it is pretty tedious if the thread is hundreds of pages long and not all posts are photos.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is one of the ways but it is pretty tedious if the thread is hundreds of pages long and not all posts are photos.
Yes, indeed, if one has hundreds of posts in a thread it can be tedious. But if you only have several dozen posts of your own in a single thread, not so hard.