Festival of TOYS!! Post a photo of your kitten or cat with their latest or greatest favorite TOY!

Shikaslate

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Shika is enamored with this realistic mouse toy called the Da Rat. She'll go extremely crazy for it--so much so that we have to put it away after a bit because of how intense she is with it. Its made of deer fur so it must have a type of prey scent on it that attracts her predator instincts.

We put it on a string and dowel so she can have more fun it with it (though I have to get a more elastic type of string. The one I got is not too safe for her so I tie it around the dowel)

When we play with Shika with her other stick n string toys and her jingle ball toys, she definitely likes the thrill of the chase rather than the thrill of the kill. She gets bored when the toy stops moving so we have to toss it again. Playing with her reminds me more of playing with a Golden Retriever lol. But with this thing...oh my gosh...she'll chomp on it, bring it everywhere, pretend to kill it over and over, etc etc. Just full mouser on it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat Milly love(d) those too, along with the mouse version. But with my cat, they really got gnawed upon and they would practically disintegrate within minutes, with the hairs all coming off and that hook becoming really exposed! I was afraid of what she'd ingest, with that wiry hook-thing, so we have it only as a limited, supervised toy, for sure. It's tough because it has been in her Top Five of fave toys of all time.
:sigh: