Festival of TOYS!! Post a photo of your kitten or cat with their latest or greatest favorite TOY!

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I was playing with Sombra making her run after a riding crop I held in my hand and to which she is very attracted and all of a sudden she stopped and remained on the floor with the whole of her body and throat affected by spasms as if she wanted to vomit. This lasted for about two minutes without any ejections. I picked her up and placed her on my bed although she seemed quite alright after this and she immediately jumped on the cat tree and laid there in the loafing position. She acted normally for the rest of the day and has eaten and drank water without any problem. It is now 8:30 pm and she is loafing on my desk top as she usually does when I am on the computer.

This is not the first time I have teased her with the riding crop but it had never affected her like that before. Now I feel unsure to resume this type of game.

My posts 288 and 289 in this thread show Sombra running and jumping in order to "capture" the riding crop.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I was playing with Sombra making her run after a riding crop I held in my hand and to which she is very attracted and all of a sudden she stopped and remained on the floor with the whole of her body and throat affected by spasms as if she wanted to vomit. This lasted for about two minutes without any ejections. I picked her up and placed her on my bed although she seemed quite alright after this and she immediately jumped on the cat tree and laid there in the loafing position. She acted normally for the rest of the day and has eaten and drank water without any problem. It is now 8:30 pm and she is loafing on my desk top as she usually does when I am on the computer.

This is not the first time I have teased her with the riding crop but it had never affected her like that before. Now I feel unsure to resume this type of game.

My posts 288 and 289 in this thread show Sombra running and jumping in order to "capture" the riding crop.
I thought I recognized it for a riding crop! Almost sounds like an epileptic seizure, can cats get epilepsy? What did your vet have to say?

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you dustydiamond and 1CatOverTheLine. Sombra has spent a good night close to me on my bed and this morning continues to drink, eat and use her litter box normally. It is possible that her problem was caused by too much exercise and excitement immediately after her meal. I will avoid this in the future.It is curious how the riding crop excittes her so much.

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you dustydiamond and 1CatOverTheLine. Sombra has spent a good night close to me on my bed and this morning continues to drink, eat and use her litter box normally. It is possible that her problem was caused by too much exercise and excitement immediately after her meal. I will avoid this in the future.It is curious how the riding crop excittes her so much.
Did you ask her vet what they thought?

Geralizze M.

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We take Gypsys harness off as soon as we get inside after walkies, do you leave Milos on all the time?
No, not really. I only leave it on for a few hours a day. He uses it when he is outside and indoors for a short while. He doesn’t like me taking it off though. Lol. He is very calm when I put it on him but when I remove it he bites me softly. I wonder if the harness makes him feel comfort

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
No, not really. I only leave it on for a few hours a day. He uses it when he is outside and indoors for a short while. He doesn’t like me taking it off though. Lol. He is very calm when I put it on him but when I remove it he bites me softly. I wonder if the harness makes him feel comfort
Humm, sure sounds as if it does. They sure can be silly little things can't they?:wavey:

Geralizze M.

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Humm, sure sounds as if it does. They sure can be silly little things can't they?:wavey:
Indeed! This little one not only doesn’t want to take the harness off but he also enjoys sleeping in plastic lol. He takes plastic bags, breaks them and gets inside lol

I also think he enjoys wearing the harness because he knows he looks handsome in it lol

:climbcat::purr::dancingblackcat:

Last edited: