Fergus doesn't scratch my husband....

meghan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat doesn't have a behavior problem, but since I am new to cat companionship, I have a question.

When I pet my cat, he often begins playing with my hand and arm, scratching and biting. It does not hurt, and he does not leave a mark, but he also does not do this to my husband. Not even when he scratches Fergus's belly! Why does the cat treat us differently?

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Looks like he's treating you much like a littermate. It's hard to say why he treats your husband differently though. Perhaps your husband told him off once or twice and he's a really disciplined cat?

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I cant explain it either. I do know that we have 3 cats that I can bathe and my husband can't. They are just as loving with him, but a bath...Heck no. Does hubby do anything different than you?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meghan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My husband is a bit more strict than I am, and he is also not at home as much. Additionally, I am the first one in our household with whom Fergus bonded because he used to visit with me when he was a stray and I was the one who brought him home from Animal Control. Is it bad that Fergus treats me like a littermate?

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I wouldn't say it's bad but if there ever came a time it was inappropriate, like kids or family memebers then yeah it may be a problem. Once they learn its okay to play with humans, there arent many boundries. So, if you don't think it will be a problem and you dont get hurt..the choice is yours.