Ferals - Hygiene/Cleanliness while trapped for hours

Kristin_Happy Texan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I need advice on how to make a feral cat more "comfortable" in a trap overnight and into the morning hours. (Unfortunately, I can't transport the Mama Cat or her kittens into a larger cage after trapping. They are all just too feral. I can't handle them in any way whatsoever).

I understand keeping the trap covered and using a water bottle on the cage. (I hope they would figure that out, although with the regular Tractor Supply trap and the large dog kennel I would also place a water bowl against the cage. They might be able to drink a bit that way).
My main concern is keeping them as clean as possible when it comes to them going to the bathroom. Right now I have hay inside the two pet crates and the trap. (Yes, I'm trying several different ways since they're so hard to catch. I'm using the trap from Tractor Supply, a smaller dog crate, a larger dog crate, and eventually my new pup's large kennel. The kennel I'm going to have to make some adjustments to).

The trap of course has holes on the bottom, but the two pet crates do not. (With those two crates I can't do anything for the cats, hygiene-wise). The large dog kennel on the other hand has a removable tray on the bottom. (I haven't set the large dog kennel out yet, as our new pup was just introduced to it and I have to find some strong rope to make a handle on the top of the cage. Of course, I would rather have the trap work - since it would do all the trapping work for me - but only if they won't be inside there for too long).

Did I mention how much I absolutely hate all of this? It's just so sad, frustrating and unfair. I just want all this over with so I can move past it all, and for good. This cycle must end!

I've been trying to avoid having the kittens and Mom be trapped inside a cage for hours on end from dusk to well after dawn, but I'm at my wits end now. I'm desperate for this to end. I wanted to make this as easy as possible for them, but through no fault of their own that's been impossible. I hate it, but it feels like it's come to the point of Tough Love. They HAVE to be spayed, and I want to cry at the thought of the Mom having yet another litter of kittens and me having to go through all of this yet again. (It's hard on me, but it really hurts to think of what those poor kittens go through). Also, we won't be going through this for just one night but for one cat at a time! (That's if they use the regular trap, although I think we are going to break down and purchase a second trap). There's a Mama Cat, and 4 kittens.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any advice about hygiene while in the trap. I'm sorry for rambling. I'm just so stressed over all this happening yet again. (Last summer I had to capture 5 of her kittens. It was so extremely difficult, and for several reasons). Words cannot express how AWFUL I feel at the thought of even considering having these cats trapped inside a dirty cage for so many hours. I honestly don't know if I can even do it. My family is fine with trapping them early on the night before, but they aren't the ones doing the actual work and worrying over their physical and mental health! They, like myself, just want to move on and put all this behind us.

At least it isn't summertime right now. That's one really huge thing in our favor.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always pad the bottom of traps with layers of puppy pads. The traps open from each end so pulling soiled pads out is fairly do able. I know ferals may be difficult but I work with them all the time. I know we hate kitties being in traps but the end result makes their lives better forever once they are spayed or neutered. Using a piece of think cardboard as a sort of shield between you and the kitties can allow you to block them as you need to reach in to clean, change food or water. I have actually had very good results with socializing ferals. A mom cat that has kittens can learn very quickly just by observing the kittens as they learn trust. If you can get them all, you may be very surprised how they change once they are in a safe environment. Using thick gloves can help when cleaning the crate or trap too. Usually the cats will withdraw from contact if possible. Please do let us know how things are going.

coffee grinder

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There is a divider you can purchase (or maybe borrow if there's a local tnr group) that allows you to contain the cat at one end of the trap while you replace the soiled puppy pad or other material. Here's a link to one on Amazon. Tractor Supply doesn't seem to carry these. I used them when we had 5 cats recovering from tnr in traps a few years ago. There's a video here on how to use the divider. They recommend using 2 at the same time but I felt very secure using just one. I wonder if there's a way you could use one or several to corral the cats in one part of the crates while you clean. I know we feel terrible about containing them but they will forget all about it once they are out of the baby business and enjoying life again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kristin_Happy Texan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our trap doesn't open from both ends. (I just now checked it to be sure. It's the only trap I could find around here. The shelter told us to purchase it from Tractor Supply, and the one we have now was the only option). I would love to find one of those dividers! Thanks for sharing that.

I know the Mama cat will definitely be a fighter. Most of her past litters were pretty scary as well. This time around, only one of them has watched me from high up in another section of our barn. That's only happened twice, and the other 3 run away like crazy from me.

Thank Goodness I already have the thick gloves for catching ferals, etc. They are VERY thick and kind of hard to work with, but I know I'm going to need them to at least shut the doors on the pet crates. (If they ever use them that is. So far I think they're hanging out around the neighbor's barn and property. Mama Kitty saw me this morning and she was headed that way again). She hasn't even eaten breakfast and I went ahead and placed a tiny amount of food in a bowl outside the pet crate, and her usual bowl inside the crate.

I'm pretty much hoping for a miracle at this point. Kitty's got street smarts.

Last edited:

Kristin_Happy Texan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update: It looks like the shelter might not accept the ferals. They're over capacity again. (It's a small shelter in a rural area). I went ahead and asked if that also means they couldn't accept any ferals on just spay/neuter day. (They told us that the last time, about the Mom cat. Because we said we would keep her after her spay, they said we could bring the kittens in at any time and the Mom only on a Tuesday or Wednesday morning by 9 am.... which is VERY limiting to us in trying to capture a cat that's difficult to trap in the first place. Bust still, I understand). It's been very frustrating.

I haven't even told my mother yet. She's having health issues and anxiety, so this news won't be helpful to her.

It really bothers me that these cats look pretty old to me already. (I thought they were old enough to be trapped weeks ago, but my mother wasn't so sure. It's difficult to tell when you only see them as they flee from you, or on a Game Camera. They always looked younger to me in person, and older on the camera).

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I need advice on how to make a feral cat more "comfortable" in a trap overnight and into the morning hours. (Unfortunately, I can't transport the Mama Cat or her kittens into a larger cage after trapping. They are all just too feral. I can't handle them in any way whatsoever).

I understand keeping the trap covered and using a water bottle on the cage. (I hope they would figure that out, although with the regular Tractor Supply trap and the large dog kennel I would also place a water bowl against the cage. They might be able to drink a bit that way).
My main concern is keeping them as clean as possible when it comes to them going to the bathroom. Right now I have hay inside the two pet crates and the trap. (Yes, I'm trying several different ways since they're so hard to catch. I'm using the trap from Tractor Supply, a smaller dog crate, a larger dog crate, and eventually my new pup's large kennel. The kennel I'm going to have to make some adjustments to).

The trap of course has holes on the bottom, but the two pet crates do not. (With those two crates I can't do anything for the cats, hygiene-wise). The large dog kennel on the other hand has a removable tray on the bottom. (I haven't set the large dog kennel out yet, as our new pup was just introduced to it and I have to find some strong rope to make a handle on the top of the cage. Of course, I would rather have the trap work - since it would do all the trapping work for me - but only if they won't be inside there for too long).

Did I mention how much I absolutely hate all of this? It's just so sad, frustrating and unfair. I just want all this over with so I can move past it all, and for good. This cycle must end!

I've been trying to avoid having the kittens and Mom be trapped inside a cage for hours on end from dusk to well after dawn, but I'm at my wits end now. I'm desperate for this to end. I wanted to make this as easy as possible for them, but through no fault of their own that's been impossible. I hate it, but it feels like it's come to the point of Tough Love. They HAVE to be spayed, and I want to cry at the thought of the Mom having yet another litter of kittens and me having to go through all of this yet again. (It's hard on me, but it really hurts to think of what those poor kittens go through). Also, we won't be going through this for just one night but for one cat at a time! (That's if they use the regular trap, although I think we are going to break down and purchase a second trap). There's a Mama Cat, and 4 kittens.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any advice about hygiene while in the trap. I'm sorry for rambling. I'm just so stressed over all this happening yet again. (Last summer I had to capture 5 of her kittens. It was so extremely difficult, and for several reasons). Words cannot express how AWFUL I feel at the thought of even considering having these cats trapped inside a dirty cage for so many hours. I honestly don't know if I can even do it. My family is fine with trapping them early on the night before, but they aren't the ones doing the actual work and worrying over their physical and mental health! They, like myself, just want to move on and put all this behind us.

At least it isn't summertime right now. That's one really huge thing in our favor.
When I used to leave cats that I TNR in the trap overnight I always had double wee pads in the trap and one or two underneath so that if they did urinate etc. it was OK…and then I think I even removed them and put a new one and I don’t remember now how I did that. Usually they do not go to the bathroom that much if it’s just overnight because they’re not eating after midnight.

I haven’t done that for a long time because now I put them in the drop trap overnight. I always try to trap them the night before they have to go for TNR or treatment if possible although it hasn’t always worked out that way. I have never used the dog crate set up for a long time I think I might’ve done that once years ago and I also used to have one of those wire gauges I used ones for recuperation. That was the most awkward set up and I ended up giving that cage away along with the dog crate.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot to say that I did sometimes did have them recuperate for a day or two in the have a hart trap and somehow I managed to get the wee pads out and put new ones in with the cat in there….. I have no clue now how I did that though it has been a while. That was for totally feral cats who are going to be released in 1 to 2 days at the most. Once I got the drop trap I started keeping them inside for at least a week before they went back out.

* I think I used my divider then which someone mentioned above.

That is bad news the shelter won’t take them- do you mean just for having them adopted or for spay neuter?

How are you supposed to ever tnr if they won’t do that? I hope that’s not the case.

Last edited:

Kristin_Happy Texan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The shelter got back to me. They were very kind, and said they were over capacity right now with dogs. She said it's always best to bring the cats in on Tuesdays or Wednesdays, but they would accept them at any time.

I put Mackerel in all the traps and crates. The cats tend to stay out of the barn during the day now since it's no longer cold. I have no clue where they are right now. I've been using my binoculars and set the main trap by our and our neighbor's barn. (I've seen the Mom over there many times. If anything, she cuts through his property a lot). I put a baby cam out there.

For the first time I saw the kittens with the Mom on our front porch last night. It was 7:30 PM, so that sucks. It's so early for a cat to be in a (possibly dirty) trap from 7:30 at night to 10 am when the shelter opens. I feel I have no choice at this point though. It'll go on for 4 different nights, too. (The trap only trapping 1 at a time). I doubt I'll be able to catch several of them in the pet crate successfully. (Because of the door mainly. It has springs and won't shut/be flushed against the crate itself by just me pulling the string I attached to it. It's gonna be difficult keeping them inside before I can manually shut the door itself. I also have to be quiet about sneaking outside near the crate. There aren't really any great hiding places).

Tonight I'm going to run with your suggestions. I'm going to place puppy pads inside the trap and crate. I'll also place an old shower curtain beneath the trap.

I'm actually hoping I can catch several in the pet crate since it's larger, it'll be for so many hours, and my agony over all this will only be for 1 or 2 nights opposed to 4. (And I hope the other cats won't become suspicious of entering any of them after that!)

I honestly don't know how I'll be able to catch the Mom. I really don't. I keep mentioning the drop trap to my family, but they're not fans of it. (Because we'll have to transport her ourselves from the drop trap to another one. We haven't found any palce that rents them out, we haven't found any in a physical store - and we have to drive some ways - and a lot of the time UPS won't even deliver to our house. Also there's the cost. Just the drop traps alone are $140 - $170! That doesn't include the 2 dividers, or the other trap. I don't think the drop traps are compatible with the one we have, and even that one was not cheap). Still... I remind them of the cost of feeding them, and constantly having to trap them and pay to have them spayed, etc.

Okay, I am really sorry for rambling. Lol! These cats have taken over my life! I've been trying to teach commands and potty train our new pup, but lately so much of my attention is on these darn cats.

LeiLatte

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When I do TNR I have some newspaper or puppy pads on the bottom of the trap, and I leave the trap in my garage overnight to bring them to be fixed in the morning. They usually mess up the paper in the trap, trying to tear it or something.

Under the traps I leave a tarp on the ground with more puppy pads on top. I also have a couple dividers if I need to open ths trap door and put food or water.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The shelter got back to me. They were very kind, and said they were over capacity right now with dogs. She said it's always best to bring the cats in on Tuesdays or Wednesdays, but they would accept them at any time.

I put Mackerel in all the traps and crates. The cats tend to stay out of the barn during the day now since it's no longer cold. I have no clue where they are right now. I've been using my binoculars and set the main trap by our and our neighbor's barn. (I've seen the Mom over there many times. If anything, she cuts through his property a lot). I put a baby cam out there.

For the first time I saw the kittens with the Mom on our front porch last night. It was 7:30 PM, so that sucks. It's so early for a cat to be in a (possibly dirty) trap from 7:30 at night to 10 am when the shelter opens. I feel I have no choice at this point though. It'll go on for 4 different nights, too. (The trap only trapping 1 at a time). I doubt I'll be able to catch several of them in the pet crate successfully. (Because of the door mainly. It has springs and won't shut/be flushed against the crate itself by just me pulling the string I attached to it. It's gonna be difficult keeping them inside before I can manually shut the door itself. I also have to be quiet about sneaking outside near the crate. There aren't really any great hiding places).

Tonight I'm going to run with your suggestions. I'm going to place puppy pads inside the trap and crate. I'll also place an old shower curtain beneath the trap.

I'm actually hoping I can catch several in the pet crate since it's larger, it'll be for so many hours, and my agony over all this will only be for 1 or 2 nights opposed to 4. (And I hope the other cats won't become suspicious of entering any of them after that!)

I honestly don't know how I'll be able to catch the Mom. I really don't. I keep mentioning the drop trap to my family, but they're not fans of it. (Because we'll have to transport her ourselves from the drop trap to another one. We haven't found any palce that rents them out, we haven't found any in a physical store - and we have to drive some ways - and a lot of the time UPS won't even deliver to our house. Also there's the cost. Just the drop traps alone are $140 - $170! That doesn't include the 2 dividers, or the other trap. I don't think the drop traps are compatible with the one we have, and even that one was not cheap). Still... I remind them of the cost of feeding them, and constantly having to trap them and pay to have them spayed, etc.

Okay, I am really sorry for rambling. Lol! These cats have taken over my life! I've been trying to teach commands and potty train our new pup, but lately so much of my attention is on these darn cats.
Your other traps will fit on the carrier portion of a drop trap. I have used my have a heart trap to get a cat back into the drop trap on a few occasions- all you have to do is to put it where the entrance is, and clip on the side clips from the drop trap so they have a heart or whatever trap you’re using. And make sure if it’s a drop trap that it’s has a dowel through it so it can’t close and then you just lift it up and the cat will go in the same way they would as if it were the carrier part that comes with the drop trap.

Kristin_Happy Texan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I caught all 4 kittens last night. Unfortunately, they were in there from 6 pm. (I still can't believe I did that. I fought that for so long, but the only time I ever see them is at sunset). When the Fam went back to pick up the traps/crates at Noon, the kittens were still inside them. It was apparent that the shelter was SWAMPED. I feel so awful for those kittens. Just awful. I hope they get out of those traps soon and get some water. At least they'll all be together. I hope that comforts the wee babes. It does me, and I'm so grateful for the shelter taking them in. Fortunately, they think the kittens can be tamed.

We're going to try to trap the Mom again on the shelter's preferred Tuesday and Wednesday, which is surgery day. (Normally I would have waited until then with the kittens, but it looked to me like they were already pretty big).

I still don't know HOW I'll catch the Mom.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay! Fantastic work! 👏🏻 :clap2:
They will be fine don’t worry about any trauma they have from being trapped. First of all they are kittens and secondly you are saving them from a life full of disease and misery and constant breeding living outside. This is the first step to a great new life for all of them. They are young enough to be tamed and they’re gonna get good homes all of them.

Now just focus on doing whatever needs to be done to help them make the next step and trapping mom and hopefully getting her a better life too. Even many adult feral cats can be tamed and adjust to being inside if you take the time to do it properly.

I am sure you’re going to catch mom as well. If you can try to set up more than one trap because sometimes if they don’t go into one they will go into another one. Another thing to do is to feed in your traps without having them triggered for at least a day so the cat will go in and will know that it’s safe to go in there and eat. Try to withhold food for several hours also so they will be extra hungry and put in things like tuna sardines and stinky food tidbits that they really like. Rotisserie chicken is another one. Don’t put too much food in and put it at the very edge corner of the trap.

Kristin_Happy Texan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yay! Fantastic work! 👏🏻 :clap2:
They will be fine don’t worry about any trauma they have from being trapped. First of all they are kittens and secondly you are saving them from a life full of disease and misery and constant breeding living outside. This is the first step to a great new life for all of them. They are young enough to be tamed and they’re gonna get good homes all of them.

Now just focus on doing whatever needs to be done to help them make the next step and trapping mom and hopefully getting her a better life too. Even many adult feral cats can be tamed and adjust to being inside if you take the time to do it properly.

I am sure you’re going to catch mom as well. If you can try to set up more than one trap because sometimes if they don’t go into one they will go into another one. Another thing to do is to feed in your traps without having them triggered for at least a day so the cat will go in and will know that it’s safe to go in there and eat. Try to withhold food for several hours also so they will be extra hungry and put in things like tuna sardines and stinky food tidbits that they really like. Rotisserie chicken is another one. Don’t put too much food in and put it at the very edge corner of the trap.
Honestly, I have done all of those things.

We got the traps back last night, so I've decided not to clean the regular trap. (I've done that before, too, hoping she'll be curious because of her kitten's scent). I'm going to put more Mackerel in there, too.

I don't know. She's a very distrustful cat when it comes to any kind of trap. The most "success" I had was with that large dog kennel, but the second she feels or sees that tiny string she lights out of there so fast. I'm really not sure I can even catch her in that thing, since it's pretty flimsy and she is a FIGHTER. I already zip-tied the bars of the cage, and I'll have to do the same to the sliding locks... that don't lock at all... once she's inside.

All I know is this MUST END!!!! I do not want to go through this all over again, and in the SUMMER. It's 1,000 times harder dealing with trapping kittens in the summer. It's so harsh with the snakes, bugs, ants, heat and humidity. It's so horrible.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly, I have done all of those things.

We got the traps back last night, so I've decided not to clean the regular trap. (I've done that before, too, hoping she'll be curious because of her kitten's scent). I'm going to put more Mackerel in there, too.

I don't know. She's a very distrustful cat when it comes to any kind of trap. The most "success" I had was with that large dog kennel, but the second she feels or sees that tiny string she lights out of there so fast. I'm really not sure I can even catch her in that thing, since it's pretty flimsy and she is a FIGHTER. I already zip-tied the bars of the cage, and I'll have to do the same to the sliding locks... that don't lock at all... once she's inside.

All I know is this MUST END!!!! I do not want to go through this all over again, and in the SUMMER. It's 1,000 times harder dealing with trapping kittens in the summer. It's so harsh with the snakes, bugs, ants, heat and humidity. It's so horrible.
Just keep trying until you get her you’ll get her eventually. It’s very important to get them used to eating in the trap without it being triggered that way they feel safe.

Kristin_Happy Texan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I set out the trap, large dog kennel, and pet crate yesterday and last night with food. The Mama Kitty stayed away from the house until right before sunset.

One of the other cats showed up for a while. (Until last night I hardly ever see it now, since Mama Kitty basically kicked out all the other cats when she showed up, pregnant with that first litter a year ago). I think it's a Calico? It's a chubby thing, so it might belong to a neighbor but since it shows up here and I'm tired of all these ferals taking over my life... I'm going to trap it. I have no idea if it's been spayed, but hopefully the shelter can tell me? It might even be male, but I don't think so since most Calico's are female.

Here's a pic of it from last year. I THINK the cat I saw last night was one of them. The reddish one has a lot of white on its chest, and I think last night's cat did too:
500.jpg

It tried going into the pet crate a few times, but our Mama Kitty is definitely still afraid of any trap/crate. She poked her head in the crate once, and the rest of the night she just slept near it, on the rug on our porch.

I know she must be starving, unless she scared up some game somewhere. The shelter does spay/neuter surgeries tomorrow and Wednesday, so I hope she eats a little bit before then since I can't feed her before the surgery. (They might not even do that though until Wednesday). Unfortunately, the shelter apparently lost our water bottle that I had attached to the trap. I don't know how I'll manage the water situation.

I'm aiming for a miracle tonight. Lol! I want to catch both cats. Let's just get this over with, finally. I don't want a colony out here, and I'm the only person dealing with it as far as I can tell.

Sorry for rambling. I'm just frustrated, and I can't talk about it much to family because it "stresses" them out.

Last edited:

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful girls, looks like a patched calico tabby and maybe a dilute tortoiseshell or torbie. I hope you get the mom and or these kitties. Just keep trying, you’ll get them eventually. I Thought you were using a trap that was triggered so that you won’t be there when she goes in because it could be better if you’re not there if she’s worried about that. Just leave the trap triggered with the food in there and then you can observe from inside the house maybe.

The last cat I trapped was Cinnamon and he was eating under the drop trap for only a day before I trapped him- I put a string on the part where you pull it closed and I stood behind where he could not see me inside the house by the sliding door with the door slightly open and the screen closed. I don’t remember very much about when I first trapped him in 2015 but it was in a have a heart trap. He was very subdued and quiet and never vocalized to me.
But after all these years outside, caring for him, after Fred came in he came right up to the door and was friendly with my cats, meowing at me/ us and just looking like he wanted to come inside so I decided it was time. He was so lonely without his buddy.

If you don’t have a trap that self triggers you could tie a string to the door on the carrier and do what I did with the drop trap- stand inside the door out of sight with the door open a little bit and when she goes in the string to shut the door.
Unless you think she will go in there with you there and then you can just close the door, then try that…is that what you did with the kittens?

Cinn is very skittish, if he saw me by the door he would just run away and not eat, but somehow I managed to get him to go in and eat without seeing me, then I yanked the trap shut and got him.

He already had his tnr in 2015 but I was bringing him in to come inside forever now with his friend Fred who came in in June due to a limp which has healed now.

I know how frustrating and stressful this is, believe me! Don’t worry you can vent here to all of us:alright::vibes:lets hope you trap her 😀

ps. do not worry about the water, after midnight before the spay they are not supposed to drink any water anyway I’m sure she will be fine.

Last edited:

Kristin_Happy Texan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Beautiful girls, looks like a patched calico tabby and maybe a dilute tortoiseshell or torbie. I hope you get the mom and or these kitties. Just keep trying, you’ll get them eventually. I Thought you were using a trap that was triggered so that you won’t be there when she goes in because it could be better if you’re not there if she’s worried about that. Just leave the trap triggered with the food in there and then you can observe from inside the house maybe.

The last cat I trapped was Cinnamon and he was eating under the drop trap for only a day before I trapped him- I put a string on the part where you pull it closed and I stood behind where he could not see me inside the house by the sliding door with the door slightly open and the screen closed. I don’t remember very much about when I first trapped him in 2015 but it was in a have a heart trap. He was very subdued and quiet and never vocalized to me.
But after all these years outside, caring for him, after Fred came in he came right up to the door and was friendly with my cats, meowing at me/ us and just looking like he wanted to come inside so I decided it was time. He was so lonely without his buddy.

If you don’t have a trap that self triggers you could tie a string to the door on the carrier and do what I did with the drop trap- stand inside the door out of sight with the door open a little bit and when she goes in the string to shut the door.
Unless you think she will go in there with you there and then you can just close the door, then try that…is that what you did with the kittens?

Cinn is very skittish, if he saw me by the door he would just run away and not eat, but somehow I managed to get him to go in and eat without seeing me, then I yanked the trap shut and got him.

He already had his tnr in 2015 but I was bringing him in to come inside forever now with his friend Fred who came in in June due to a limp which has healed now.

I know how frustrating and stressful this is, believe me! Don’t worry you can vent here to all of us:alright::vibes:lets hope you trap her 😀

ps. do not worry about the water, after midnight before the spay they are not supposed to drink any water anyway I’m sure she will be fine.
We only have 1 trap, so I caught the kittens in the trap and also a pet crate. (With the string trick). The Mom, after a YEAR, I finally caught this morning in the trap.

I just hope the shelter spays her, as I don't have any answers yet about that. (I've rambled about it in another thread. I'm pretty upset but am trying to think positively).

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We only have 1 trap, so I caught the kittens in the trap and also a pet crate. (With the string trick). The Mom, after a YEAR, I finally caught this morning in the trap.

I just hope the shelter spays her, as I don't have any answers yet about that. (I've rambled about it in another thread. I'm pretty upset but am trying to think positively).
Yay! Why wouldn't they spay her?